Menu

Prayer Please

JumpyTheFrog

One of my kids lies to us a lot. There is the possibility he will be accused of something at an important activity and be kicked out permanently. I wished I could say he didn't do it, but his reputation for honesty with us is poor. If he is kicked out, we will also have to remove his other sibling.

It makes me feel sick to my stomach because this is an important activity and the other place that offers it wants to know why people switch there. If he did it, he deserves to be kicked out. If he is unfairly accused, then the other place probably won't take us anyway because they are friendly with the current facility.

Please pray that my son will learn to be honest and confess if it is him. If he is telling me the truth, I hope the person or people involved get caught so he won't be accused.

This is also hard because the culprit is doing something that is very embarassing as a parent. It is one or those things that really makes a parent feel like a complete failure and that people will talk about. In other words, it will trash my reputation with people there as well.

Praying here, hoppy. :grouphug:

I hope you are able to figure out the truth, and I'm praying that your son is being honest with you.

I'm sorry both siblings would have to leave, but it sounds like this would be an embarrassment for the family so there would be no other choice. :(

So sorry your family is in the situation. Prayers that the truth will out. I also pray that regardless of whether your ds is telling the truth or not in this situation, I pray that he learns the importance of always being honest so he never faces this type of predicament again.

• Like 2

I'm sorry.  We had one child who told little lies sometimes.  We eventually learned that she just had a very sensitive nature and wanted to please us so much!  We learned over time that calling her out on her lies along with loving reminders that she could always be honest with us is what helped her move beyond that phase, rather than stern admonishments.

One of my kids lies to us a lot. There is the possibility he will be accused of something at an important activity and be kicked out permanently. I wished I could say he didn't do it, but his reputation for honesty with us is poor. If he is kicked out, we will also have to remove his other sibling.

It makes me feel sick to my stomach because this is an important activity and the other place that offers it wants to know why people switch there. If he did it, he deserves to be kicked out. If he is unfairly accused, then the other place probably won't take us anyway because they are friendly with the current facility.

Please pray that my son will learn to be honest and confess if it is him. If he is telling me the truth, I hope the person or people involved get caught so he won't be accused.

This is also hard because the culprit is doing something that is very embarassing as a parent. It is one or those things that really makes a parent feel like a complete failure and that people will talk about. In other words, it will trash my reputation with people there as well.

I didn't read the replies.

I promise, having a kid screw up will not ruin your reputation in the eyes of anyone that matters. Those of us who have been around the sun a few times understand that kids are normal, flawed humans, separate from their parents.

• Like 7

I'm sorry! Saying a prayer.

My kids are still fairly young, but I have a lot of siblings. Some of those siblings made life decisions that came with life long repercussions, that didn't mean my parents were terrible parents. Your child may have made a poor choice, but that doesn't mean you are a terrible parent. I hope the other parents will be understanding whether it was your child or another child who did this. Hugs.

• Like 1

I didn't read the replies.

I promise, having a kid screw up will not ruin your reputation in the eyes of anyone that matters. Those of us who have been around the sun a few times understand that kids are normal, flawed humans, separate from their parents.

Liking this one time is not enough. 

It is true, Hoppy! People will know who you are no matter what your child may have done. The Bible says train up your children the way they should go and when they are OLD they will not depart from it. Your child is not old yet, they make their own mistakes. They don't reflect on you the way you are thinking they do right now. 

• Like 2