Menu

I fell on my face

MamaBearTeacher

I fell a couple of hours ago on my neck and chin. my chin is still bleeding. what does that mean? my wrist is sore when I apply pressure to it in one spot. Bit down hard on my teeth when I fell. now it hurts slightly when I open my mouth wide and it hurts quite a bit when I chew food. otherwise, my teeth are fine. I don't think DH can take off work and I am alone with 2 special needs teens and have no vehicle. There is nobody else I can ask for help. Please tell me these are just bruises and the pain will get better.

• Like 1

I had something similar happen many years back. It was dramatic, with blood, but the doctor I saw was pretty calm, and said that is typical with injuries to the front of the face. They said to rest, take tylenol, and ice the area. I hope you feel better soon.

• Like 4

Your chin might have split in such a way that it keeps gaping open with movement and that is why it is bleeding still.

Do you have any butterfly bandages or superglue for wounds? I can't remember the name. Dermabond?

Or it might need stitches or glue simply bc of its location, and having a tendency to gape there.

I'm really sorry. Ice for your wrist. Isolate it with a bandage if movement hurts it.

:grouphug:

• Like 5

Hopefully, with time, you will have less pain and discomfort. If the pain and discomfort should increase, then I would suggest going to an M.D. or possibly to a Dentist to have them take a look. If your wrist has a sharp pain, that would be worrisome, but if it is not a sharp pain, but merely sore and uncomfortable, that will probably go away eventually. Take it easy and be careful...

• Like 1

I'm sorry you fell! Must have knocked the air out of you!

Do you have a medically-trained friend or acquaintance you can call to talk it over? Or your family physician?

This is not something I would ignore. You will be sore for at least a week. That's your body's way of telling you it's working

and in the process of healing. But I would still at least make a phone call to that friend or PCP.

And definitely ice the sore parts to keep the swelling down.

• Like 2

I fell a couple of hours ago on my neck and chin. my chin is still bleeding. what does that mean? my wrist is sore when I apply pressure to it in one spot. Bit down hard on my teeth when I fell. now it hurts slightly when I open my mouth wide and it hurts quite a bit when I chew food. otherwise, my teeth are fine. I don't think DH can take off work and I am alone with 2 special needs teens and have no vehicle. There is nobody else I can ask for help. Please tell me these are just bruises and the pain will get better.

Much commiserations. Your teeth probably hurt because connected to your chin so pain is most likely radiating through your mouth. You may think your husband cant take off work but in a emergency his employers will be accommodating. And if I didn't call my hubby and tell him I'm hurt, he'd be upset with me when he got home and/or for powering through on my own without help. So give him a call and let him take care of you. Especially since your chin is still bleeding.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to scare you but ... pay attention to how you feel in the next day or two.  A friend of mine fell hitting her chin on the kitchen cupboard.  In the beginning she was concerned about her split lip, but by the next day she was having trouble walking.  I believe she bruised her spine (like a whiplash injury?).  She ended up in a care facility with physical therapy.  She had to regain the ability to walk.   It was amazing to me how a seemingly harmless injury turned out to be quite major.

• Like 1

I fell with my neck extended so my chin was flat.  It looks only like a small scrape now (less than a square centimetre)  but it keeps bleeding a bit and the bandaid got gull of blood with time.  Maybe because I did not put pressure on it.  I will put pressure on it for 15 minutes now that DH is home.  It is mostly one molar that hurts now when I bite food.  The others are better.  I worry that I jammed it too far into my gums when I bit down.  It is good that the others don't hurt anymore.  My wrist hurts on the inside but only when I put pressure on it.  It is bluer, like the blood vessel is fatter.  Is that a concern?

Also, my chest is hurting ore than usual.  This tends to happen to me with stress but I am feeling dizzy when I lift anything heavy.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I tripped and fell walking the dog last week and it is no fun at all. I am still sore! 

If it looks like just a scrape on your chin rather than a gaping wound, I wouldn't worry about that. Keep a Band Aid on it for today.

I would trying chewing on the other side of your mouth for a day or two and then see if the soreness in your molar improves. It might cause more inflammation if you keep chewing on it.

If your wrist only hurts when you put pressure on it, it is probably fine. Maybe it is bruised? Ice and ibuprofen should help. 

Your dizziness and chest soreness sound like a stress reaction / anxiety attack to me. I wonder if you could have also bruised your ribs when you fell. Even when ribs are cracked, though, they no longer advise wrapping them. It's better to be able to breathe deeply.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: Wish we could do more to help. 

• Like 2

Thanks!  My chin stopped bleeding.   

My wrist and hand are hurting less but there is a big purple bruise on it.  it looks like it my veins are swollen.  I hope it is not related to the chest pains.  I thought that if it was stress it would go away when I went to the library, but it did get better at all.  At least it did not get worse when I lifted my books.  Still I am thankful that I was not hurt worse than I was because it was a really bad fall.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

I tripped and fell walking the dog last week and it is no fun at all. I am still sore! 

If it looks like just a scrape on your chin rather than a gaping wound, I wouldn't worry about that. Keep a Band Aid on it for today.

I would trying chewing on the other side of your mouth for a day or two and then see if the soreness in your molar improves. It might cause more inflammation if you keep chewing on it.

If your wrist only hurts when you put pressure on it, it is probably fine. Maybe it is bruised? Ice and ibuprofen should help. 

Your dizziness and chest soreness sound like a stress reaction / anxiety attack to me. I wonder if you could have also bruised your ribs when you fell. Even when ribs are cracked, though, they no longer advise wrapping them. It's better to be able to breathe deeply.

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug: Wish we could do more to help. 

My wrist and hand are hurting less but there is a big purple bruise on it.  it looks like it my veins are swollen.  I hope it is not related to the chest pains.  I thought that if it was stress it would go away when I went to the library, but it did get better at all.  At least it did not get worse when I lifted my books.  Still I am thankful that I was not hurt worse than I was because it was a really bad fall.

I'm glad you're feeling some better. I wouldn't worry too much about the veins that appear more swollen then usual.

Are you concerned about a blood clot? If so, this article might make you feel better. (I don't know anything about the website, but what the doctor says seems reasonable.)

I woke up feeling pretty much the same. The tooth pain went away with hot tea and a hot shower but came back later. it is half pain, half stiffness. my chest is what really hurts now, on the right side. I don't remember it hurting when I fell, not until several hours after.

When I fell, I was mostly concerned about my arm. It wasn't until later that I noticed that my ribs were hurting and they became much more, not less, sore over the next few days. I think you just don't notice a hit to the ribs as much at first if you are concerned about other things, like your face! 

When I fell, I was mostly concerned about my arm. It wasn't until later that I noticed that my ribs were hurting and they became much more, not less, sore over the next few days. I think you just don't notice a hit to the ribs as much at first if you are concerned about other things, like your face!

I hope it's just bruising and that it will get better soon!

• Like 1