Menu

Grout Question for those with some experience

PrincessMommy

I'm cleaning the grout in my bathrooms and it's going well.  However, there are a few places where the old grout has come out.  Can I spot grout those small spots or do I need to take out all the old grout and start fresh.   

There are small spots - about 1" long at the most.  My small 1/2 bath has 3-4 of these spots on the floor.

You can spot grout but it might not hold super well long term.  It is usually better to dig it up and redo the whole thing.  However, we have spot grouted in the past and it worked well as a stop gap measure and lasted several years.  Get a quality grout that matches the color of your exiting grout as closely as possible.  

• Like 1

I've had success, but I used the same grout as the original (saved the leftover grout).  I just mixed a small amount in a paper cup, vacuumed out the gap space, and stuffed it in there.  It's held for over a year so far.  

I don't know if it would work as well (or look right) if you can't find more of the original grout.  There are all sorts of different types.

• Like 1