Menu

What's with the ads?

Sign in to follow this  
mommyoffive

Good Hotels in Rome?

Well, it has been 15 years, but we stayed at Hotel delle Muse and loved it. It was affordable, quiet, we could eat dinner there after a long day of sightseeing,quaint, quiet...It isn't right in the thick of things, but that's why we liked it. We could easily catch a bus right outside to get to anything we needed to get to. Usually, we would be gone all day so we would catch the bus in the morning and a return bus in the evening. We stayed at a highly rated hotel closer downtown our first night and hated it. (That hotel had been added in/booked by our airline). Then we stayed at the delle Muse for 7 nights and liked it so much better (I had booked it in advance). We also stayed at a hotel for one night on a two-day excursion to Capri and liked it, but still not as much as delle Muse. It served as a really nice home base for us while we were there. HTH!

Last November, we stayed at Hotel San Marco. I thought it was nearly perfect: low price point, great location, excellent breakfast, and very clean (if small-ish and boring-ish) rooms.

Are you decided that you want a hotel?  Or have you considered an Airbnb?  In my experience, an Airbnb is a better value as they are often less expensive than a hotel, but so nice for a family as you will have a kitchen, a living room, and enough bedrooms for kids and parents without having to buy 2 hotel rooms.  Just a thought!

• Like 1

My three young adult sons went to Rome this past March and stayed in an apartment using Airbnb. I think it worked out to less than $100 per day and they had 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, and were right by the Spanish Steps. It was clean and nicely decorated, too. 

• Like 1

We stayed at the Best Western Artdeco and the NH last fall.

NH is ten steps from the train station, safe, super nice, but $$.

The BW was fabulous - clean, hilariously Italian elevator, huge room, great bathroom, safe, and a good price. There were great restaurants nearby, (and a fabulous local neighborhood a few blocks away with amazing gelato... and bakery...) and it was an easy walk to the train station.

There's a local room tax you pay upon departure, fyi. I can't remember how much.