Menu

Science Games

Maybe "Science Ninja" as an introduction to chemistry? It's for 6 years and up. It's a card game with a chemistry theme, so it rather exposes kids to some chemistry concepts in a fun way than teaches. If it grabs your DS's interest, you can go from there by expanding the interest through more resources.

https://www.amazon.com/Science-Ninjas-Chemistry-Molecules-Chemicals/dp/B0191Y3KBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494190565&sr=8-2&keywords=science+ninjas

Edited by MasaMama
  • Like 1

Maybe "Science Ninja" as an introduction to chemistry? It's for 6 years and up. It's a card game with a chemistry theme, so it rather exposes kids to some chemistry concepts in a fun way than teaches. If it grabs your DS's interest, you can go from there by expanding the interest through more resources.

https://www.amazon.com/Science-Ninjas-Chemistry-Molecules-Chemicals/dp/B0191Y3KBQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1494190565&sr=8-2&keywords=science+ninjas

You know, I was actually considering this as I plan to introduce her to chemistry this summer. I'm glad to know it's something that's of value & interest (re: this age group). I've requested the Elements book (Gray) from the library & was thinking of getting an interactive chemistry kit--molecules &/or periodic table--plus more library books on chemistry & lithmus strips. Can you recommend any other high-interest things (or kits)?

• Like 1

Wildcraft! is our all-time favorite.

Into The Forest

second science ninjas

Any of the Evolution games. We started with The Beginning, which is stand-alone and not an add-on to the original. It's more using the 'hook' of evolution to play this kind of game, rather than a game that teaches about evolution iykwim, but it's a huge hit here.

You know, I was actually considering this as I plan to introduce her to chemistry this summer. I'm glad to know it's something that's of value & interest (re: this age group). I've requested the Elements book (Gray) from the library & was thinking of getting an interactive chemistry kit--molecules &/or periodic table--plus more library books on chemistry & lithmus strips. Can you recommend any other high-interest things (or kits)?

The Happy Atoms Set has been on my wishlist. Unfortunately or fortunately, the app is not available for Android (Fortunately, because it's rather expensive especially if you prefer the complete set so I should not be buying this :-)

https://www.amazon.com/Thames-Kosmos-Magnetic-Molecular-Introductory/dp/B01M6WEDX3/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1494303328&sr=8-4&keywords=happy+atoms

Edited by MasaMama