Menu

Vax'ed v. non-vax'ed homeschoolers "study" shared in my local hs group

And she certainly could've contracted it from a vaccinated individual. They aren't even able to determine that. The thing is, if people contracted measles naturally when they were young, they'd have lifelong immunity. She could've gotten it from someone whose vaccine had worn off. It's just too difficult to determine how long they are effective in some people.

You asked for proof that someone had died from measles in the US. There's the proof.

That link matches the views of every single chiropractor that I have gone to in the last 30 years. And I have gone mostly once a week for the last 20 years. (I do not go for the resolution of a temporary problem like most people but as I mentioned up thread have muscular skeletal problems that can't be cured but can be alleviated by chiropractic care. ). I have gone to or talked to at least half a dozen chiropractors in that time so I don't think that I am finding the "one anomaly ".. In fact, in my state it is illegal for chiropractors to practice outside of that scope. I looked up the applicable law to make sure.

I'm not sure it actually matters if that's what many think.  A convetional doctor can think what he's been taught was developed by blue aliens, but that really isn't the basis of our medicine.  The theory of chiropractic doesn't come out of any kind of regular empirical knowledge or research, it comes out of a sort of revealed vitalist philosophy.

And while chiros may describe their ideas in terms of nerves and skeletal alignment and even accept that to be true, that doesn't mean they aren't accepting the underlying theory that uses a whole different paradigm.  The misalignments that chiropractors talk about, for example, generally don't show up on physical examinations by researchers.  That isn't particularly controversial among practitioners, because they don't really need to be physical to function as blocks in their system.

As far as numbers - There have been a number of studies done to see how many chiros believe in different models and to what degree, and while the answer depends on just what they ask, more than half seem to believe in the validity of the traditional system.  There has been a big push in recent years to abandon a lot of those ideas, to work on a more empirical basis, by those who would like to establish greater credibility - the difficulty being it's hard to see how that would look much like chiropractic care at all, because there just isn't any empirical evidence or research to support their practice.

Chiros here in Canada are also supposed to work within a pretty narrow scope according to the chiropractic association - they can't advise on things like vaccinations, and really could not be main healthcare providers like a GP.  Which I think is great, though in practice many seem to step well over those boundaries.  However, the Canadian association is actually the only one worldwide that has a fairly positive official view of vaccinations.  That's not just chance.

• Like 2