Menu

Best Bulk Taco Ground Beef and Chicken Recipes?

umsami

I need to bring about 3-4 pounds of both chicken and ground beef for my kids' classes tomorrow.

What are your best recipes?

I tried to do a chicken tinga taco using Herdez's chipotle sauce, but it may be too spicy for some kids.  So I'm looking for mild and easy. :)

Does the chicken breasts/salsa thing really turn out well?

I just use the same seasonings on both chicken and beef.  I find the chicken/salsa thing to be really blah but based on how often I see it mentioned, I think a lot of people would disagree with me.

I don't really have any recipe I use.  I just mix up some taco seasoning (or you could use the stuff in the big containers from Costco/Sam's Club).  But basically I dump in garlic powder, garlic salt, onion powder, lots of cumin, some oregano and a smidge of pepper flakes.

Edited by cjzimmer1
  • Like 1

I like Frontera's pouch sauces. They're about $2 at Publix. On sale at Sprouts for $1.86. I use the red chile enchilada the most often for shredded chicken. It's not spicy, but I do usually add some fresh lime juice and extra salt.

I slow roast chicken breast in the crock pot and then shred with my hand mixer which is very fast and efficient. I then add taco bell green enchilada sauce, and let it Marinate on low in the crock pot. I serve it on a bed of Spanish rice with black beans and sour cream.

• Like 2

For ground beef I add salsa, which I buy in huge bottles at the warehouse store.  For chicken, I shred it and add spices to taste - garlic powder, cumin, cayenne pepper, salt (or garlic salt), and black pepper.