Menu

Asking for a friend

Tap

I got them with my pregnancies. The dr said it was due to hormones. They are so painful. She has to wear compression hose and flat shoes. That won't take the pain away, but it helps. Standing is the worst. Walking isn't so bad. Painful varicose veins is why we decided our family was complete. She has my sympathies.

• Like 2

I got them with my pregnancies. The dr said it was due to hormones. They are so painful. She has to wear compression hose and flat shoes. That won't take the pain away, but it helps. Standing is the worst. Walking isn't so bad. Painful varicose veins is why we decided our family was complete. She has my sympathies.

She wears Dansko Clogs for shoes.  Is 'flat' shoes ....'not high heals' ....or more literally flat like Converse?  If they need to be literally flat, is there a reason that your know of?

I have no advice beyond compression stockings and standing less. I had them all the way up and yes, the pain from thigh to personal areas was significant.

She wears Dansko Clogs for shoes. Is 'flat' shoes ....'not high heals' ....or more literally flat like Converse? If they need to be literally flat, is there a reason that your know of?

I think good quality mostly flat shoes are fine. The Dansko is probably a good bet.

It sounds like she is doing everything she can. They are really painful. She can treat them when she is no longer pregnant (hopefully they will go away on their own).

I know nothing about this, but is it possible she could do her job on a stool or chair if she has a dr note? Standing is just the worst. Short of that a fatigue mat helped me some (I think that is what they are called). Could she use one of those?