Menu

Steps (once called connect the thoughts)

Tink123

Has anyone used the STEPS curriculum? I'm thinking about using it for my 5th & 8th grader together but can't find many reviews on it. I heard it used to be called connect the thoughts but most reviews for that are pretty old. We would be using the Step 4, which is for ages 11+. Any thoughts on the curriculum are appreciated!

Thanks

I've used a bunch over the years. That was before the prices jumped though. I like it fine. But, we use it as a supplement and I don't think I would pay the current price. We liked the history, animation, world issues and creative writing lessons. The science was very weak.

Oh funny! I was just going through our CTT stuff this morning to use with the next kid.

I love CTT. But I always use it in conjunction with other books and materials and I don't do a full-on CTT course load. Not because it's not good, but that format IMO would just be too much if I used all of it at once, ykwim?

But my oldest read through/did most of what is now called Steps 1 and 2 (history, science and creative writing), and I'll probably pick up the medieval portions of Step 3 history for next year. My next one coming up will do a lot of CTT next year.

It's kind of a hard program to review. The people in the FB group are SUPER GUNG HO about it, as curricula-specific groups tend to be.