Menu

I hate painting bathrooms....

PrincessMommy

Can we trade?  I have to paint the kitchen this summer.  I'll paint your bathroom if you paint my kitchen.

I did the kitchen last month.  It was way easier.   

This is my master bathroom with all that white tile.  Doing the walls with a roller is no biggy, it's all the edging work: around the toilet, the sink, the windows, along the bathtub, along the shower, along the little alcove by the tub... ugh.  I spent hours doing that (with multiple breaks)and about 20 mins painting the walls.  

• Like 1

Since January, I have painted 2100 sq. feet. The previous owners painted the entire house a dark griege/ gray green color. Two bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a kitchen, and the rest of the main floor. I also hate the bathrooms. So.much.taping! I wrap the toilet in a plastic bag. I am at the finish line with the last half bath and my laundry room. My house feels so much "happier" with a lighter color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

I did the kitchen last month.  It was way easier.   

This is my master bathroom with all that white tile.  Doing the walls with a roller is no biggy, it's all the edging work: around the toilet, the sink, the windows, along the bathtub, along the shower, along the little alcove by the tub... ugh.  I spent hours doing that (with multiple breaks)and about 20 mins painting the walls.  

Oh yuck!  I rescind my offer.  :)

• Like 1

We just bought a new house (fortunately right down the street) and once we closed I realized the former owner and I didn't not share any of the same taste in paint. I would have been ok with the kids bedrooms but the only way to get my kids happy about the move was letting them choose their colors. So I painted the living room, family room, kitchen, two and a half bedrooms (my teenager started it but she really can't reach my level of meticulousness) and the entire basement. They know me very well at Lowes.

I will say my bathrooms are fine with the colors they have. But the kitchen! Argh. Cabinets, an overhang that had to be painted on the bottom side...

• Like 1