Menu

A funny - college spam from talent search

Arcadia

DD is on mailing lists for quite a few schools because of herp conferences-usually grad programs. She got a real kick out of it-especially at age 9. :)

When she turns 18 she can write an application letter to them: "Now that you've wooed me for half my life, I finally can't resist the temptation anymore and have elected to attend your university - I hope you found me worth the wait." 

• Like 6

Hmm... we got a one from Notre Dame this week, too, from ND's office of admissions, but it was for a 7th-9th grade precollege program. I know it came via NUMATS because we barely do any testing and don't have access to anything else right now.

Maybe they sent the wrong mailer, lol. Some poor undergrad stuffing envelopes for $6 an hour.

Edited by elladarcy

Hmm... we got a one from Notre Dame this week, too, from ND's office of admissions, but it was for a 7th-9th grade precollege program. I know it came via NUMATS because we barely do any testing and don't have access to anything else right now.

Maybe they sent the wrong mailer, lol. Some poor undergrad stuffing envelopes for $6 an hour.

It should be the same one :) It says for current 6th and 7th graders and has NUMATS printed on the reply postcard.

My city's minimum wage is $11 per hour but I would be bored stuffing envelopes an entire hour.

ETA:

I was calling it college spam because it is advertising the college as a choice. Their admission profile is better than our nearby state university.

Edited by Arcadia

When she turns 18 she can write an application letter to them: "Now that you've wooed me for half my life, I finally can't resist the temptation anymore and have elected to attend your university - I hope you found me worth the wait." 

:)  I needed a good laugh.

The funny thing is that the one that has been most consistent is probably a really good school for her to check out :).

• Like 1

I started getting mail telling me how great one particular college would be for my child...when she was two. She's always been advanced, but not THAT advanced. :lol:  I finally called them up and told them they were wasting postage, and they thanked me and stopped sending me stuff.

• Like 2