Menu

Two words, ladies...

Hedgehog

Mbs are to be sewn on by the boy! I did make a deal with ds--after the first 60, I sewed them on. And then did them all again when we had to make a new double-length sash. From his first sash to the second, the color had changed, so we had to build an entirely new sash. 

I guess my deal was that I would do the first 60.   :lol:

I didn't mind.  One boy has special needs and it just wouldn't have worked.  Second did quite a few of his own.

Badges can be really hard to sew on. I've hesitated to let my kids do them because I pretty much stick myself every time I do them. I did learn a trick, though. First glue them on with basic white glue, and then sew. The glue keeps the patches in position much better than trying to pin them in position while you sew. I was always getting frustrated when I pinned them, because for some reason, they still always ended up being crooked.

• Like 1

Badges can be really hard to sew on. I've hesitated to let my kids do them because I pretty much stick myself every time I do them. I did learn a trick, though. First glue them on with basic white glue, and then sew. The glue keeps the patches in position much better than trying to pin them in position while you sew. I was always getting frustrated when I pinned them, because for some reason, they still always ended up being crooked.

Yes, I have started putting them on with some badge magic, then sewing. My Dd has a whole vest covered with badges and patches that have stayed on perfectly with badge magic for 3 yrs. It doesn't get washed often and I dry it on low heat

• Like 1