Menu

The insurance company is driving me crazy

myfunnybunch

Because every few years they call asking for proof which insurance is my dd's primary insurance. (It's her dad's.)

They want copies of custody papers. They want dates. They want to know the contact information for the other insurance company.

I give them the information, except the custody papers, every time, while politely mentioning that they already have it several times over. "But I'm from the coordination of benefits department, so I don't have that. That's a different department." Which is so not my problem. Not to mention that I don't believe for a second that they don't have a state-of-the-art record keeping system.

And, I can recite the birthday rule and the custodial vs. stepparent rule in my sleep by now myself. It's not rocket science.

They must get something out of bugging people about this stuff, right? Surely they're not paying the perfectly pleasant woman to just call on Saturdays and irritate people by asking for information that should be already in their system....

• Like 1

Right there with you. It's infuriating. We've had it happen multiple times a year. I think they might indeed just be going for the irritation factor.

Not dealing with a divorce situation but I can still sympathize. It really isn't that hard to understand that Medicaid by law is the payer of last resort when a beneficiary has both private coverage through a parent's job and Medicaid. Yet it seems like I am constantly having to educate CSR's about the billing process

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Our old insurance company randomly decided that we needed to prove that our middle child was a citizen. Except he was homeschooled at the time so I didn't have even one thing they asked for and they wanted 3!! I told them to suck it and they eventually gave up.

• Like 2

Our old insurance company randomly decided that we needed to prove that our middle child was a citizen. Except he was homeschooled at the time so I didn't have even one thing they asked for and they wanted 3!! I told them to suck it and they eventually gave up.

😲

When dh and I married, same insurance company kept denying my claims for 2 years. He had to call every time to remind them we'd gotten married and the date. Gah!

Edited by myfunnybunch

Ours wanted us to prove that our youngest was a citizen before they paid for her birth. Which was here in the US. And they knew I was a citizen. And even if I weren't, she was born in the US. It was up there with the most ridiculous conversations (multiple!) I've ever had.

• Like 2

DH's insurance and HR wanted proof that the twins were actual twins..... :huh:  (versus what I don't know)

Like they got confused by the birth certificates..... It took 2 months of back and forth to understand yes, they were born on the EXACT same date..... yes 2 minutes apart......

A comment we got: "but one's a boy and one is a girl???!!!! how can they be twins???!!!"  :scared:

One asked which one was adopted....???? (cuz I guess a woman can only have 1 baby at a time???)

Do people not take biology in high school anymore????

• Like 3

When DD was born the insurance company wanted proof that she was actually MY daughter.  Birth certificate?  My medical bills?  It took over a year to straighten them out.

Then when DS was born the insurance company first denied coverage because the hospital was not in the plan for newborns--only for mothers (and the hospital for newborns wasn't under the plan for mother's expenses).  I was told that we were supposed to be at two different hospitals--that took about 6 months to straighten out.

• Like 1