Menu

Analytical Grammar High School books

I don't think it should be any different. It isn't like IEW, which has their own names for things (Such as calling adverbs "-ly words"). Although, we've just completed AG, so maybe it just seems 'normal' to me! The sample on AG's website shows a full lesson which is very representative of the whole book.

AG is very easy to jump into. It is designed to teach grammar from the beginning and requires no prior knowledge.

This is definitely not true of the high school books; they're review only with zero instruction. However, if you've completed another thorough grammar program, it should be no problem to use the AG high school books, but they definitely assume a full understanding of English grammar.

The high school books are to be completed after the AG course is completed to keep material fresh. Im not sure I would jump right in. We are completing them now. They definitely have the flow and style from the program. It helps being familiar with it.