Menu

Travel wallets for men

Miss Marple

When traveling internationally, do your guys have a particular RFID safety wallet they use?  My guys will be traveling this summer and I want something they will actually use rather than put aside as something from mom's paranoia lol.  I'm finding some that are bifold that have passport size pockets.  But is that too big for a front jean pocket?  I would prefer they use the "wear on the neck" holders, but I don't think they will go for that.  Nothing trifold will fit a passport.  

Any suggestions?

Edited by Miss Marple
  • Like 1

Having taken a number of college-aged students abroad, I have found that the males prefer a waist passport holder than the over-the-neck style.  I would not suggest a wallet large enough to hold their passport.  I would suggest a wallet that is small that they hold the day's spending money and ID--things they need readily accessible and then have a passport holder that is not accessed most of the time

I will let you in on a little "secret".  For many years, I had a Security pocket, with a Zipper, made and sewn inside my new  pants, behind the regular Left Front pocket. I still have some pants that have those security pockets.  When I go to an ATM machine and get cash, it goes into the Security pocket.  I have had other things that I purchased, but this is/was the best method.  I would be wary of those things you hang around your neck and stick under your shirt. I think I have one of those that is brand new. That I believe could be seen, easily, by other people, including bad people.  The things they sell that go around your waist, I am concerned might drop down.  I also seem to remember something that I wrapped around my lower leg, above my ankle,  but that one time that dropped down. Fortunately, I recovered the security thing that dropped.

WARNING: Never put eyeglasses or cell phones in "holsters" that clip onto a belt or that the belt goes thru.  I had a clip on one drop off and lost the holster and an almost new cell phone. I have a childhood friend (in UT) who wrote me that he bought a bunch of different ones, including expensive ones, and he found that they were insecure...

ETA: I reread the OP.  The Passport is something I would consider carrying in something that goes around my Neck and is under my shirt, however, I would assume that it is visible to others, because they can see the cord wrapped around your neck. Passports should never be handed to anyone except airline personnel and Immigration people, although hotels will frequently request them.  Keep them in sight at all times!   I would rather carry my Passport in my Left Front Pants pocket... 

NEVER CARRY ANYTHING OF VALUE IN A BACK POCKET. NOTHING THAT YOU DO NOT WANT TO LOSE OR HAVE STOLEN...

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 1

Wait.. so it's OKAY to wear waist things if it's international?  It's not like "the ultimate fashion faux pas"?

I was referring to a discrete passport holder that is worn under the clothing, not a waist/fanny pack.  Depending upon where they are traveling, they probably will not need to carry their passport with them all day every day. 

Also many travel/sports clothing will have zippered pockets to keep items more secure.

• Like 1

I was referring to a discrete passport holder that is worn under the clothing, not a waist/fanny pack.  Depending upon where they are traveling, they probably will not need to carry their passport with them all day every day. 

Also many travel/sports clothing will have zippered pockets to keep items more secure.

Zippered pockets...I may have to take the fellas shopping.  That's a good idea.