Menu

Currclick? Is it a user friendly option?

I've never had any trouble with them, whatsoever. The search function on the website is useless, so make sure you load up your listing with every possible tag. But if you know what you are there for, from that point on the process is easy and straightforward.

I've never had any trouble with them, whatsoever. The search function on the website is useless, so make sure you load up your listing with every possible tag. But if you know what you are there for, from that point on the process is easy and straightforward.

Yes to all of this!

• Like 1

:iagree:

They have sales from time to time, so I don't know how that works wrt your profits, but I'm sure they cover that in their contract. 

Is Lulu  an option for you? *asked rhetorically*

• Like 2

There's a thread going on right now about another platform for teachers to get their classes to students--Outschool. Here's the thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/643257-tell-me-about-outschool-classes/

I don't know anything about Outschool, as the first time I heard of it was about 3 minutes ago when I read the thread. But I thought you might be interested in seeing what it is, because it sounds just like currclick from the posts I just read. (3 minutes ago.).

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

There's a thread going on right now about another platform for teachers to get their classes to students--Outschool. Here's the thread: http://forums.welltrainedmind.com/topic/643257-tell-me-about-outschool-classes/

I don't know anything about Outschool, as the first time I heard of it was about 3 minutes ago when I read the thread. But I thought you might be interested in seeing what it is, because it sounds just like currclick from the posts I just read. (3 minutes ago.).

Outschool also is easier to search.  :)

• Like 1

Outschool also is easier to search.  :)

Thanks. Do they just sell books, too, or are online classes all they offer? I couldn't find resources for sale.

I am hesitant about Currclick bc in researching further it looks like there is a 3 yr contract. I am not sure I want to do that. I need to think about this some more.

Outschool is not actually a school.  It is a place independent teachers can have a platform to reach more people for their on-line classes.   As far as I can tell it is exclusively on-line classes.

I didn't realize Currclick had some sort of 3 year commitment.  I never had to do that that I recall.  And i haven't had to commit to any classes or purchases as far as I remember.   Are you sure?  Currclick has printable resources and on-line classes and lots of other things.  It is more broad based than Outschool.

Thanks. Do they just sell books, too, or are online classes all they offer? I couldn't find resources for sale.

I am hesitant about Currclick bc in researching further it looks like there is a 3 yr contract. I am not sure I want to do that. I need to think about this some more.

Do you mean as a seller you need to commit to 3 years?

Ah, I'm dense.  I think that is what she means.  She needs a platform for her stuff not a way to outsource classes for her kids.

O.k. if so then Outschool would not be useful to you.  Currclick would work better but I don't know anything about requirements for providing a product.

Yes, that is what I thought I read last night, but now I only see the requirement to give a 6 month notification. I am not sure where I read the 3 years. I need to go back through everything. I may be confusing websites.

ETA: To clarify, yes, I am looking for a platform to sell curriculum.

Edited by 8FillTheHeart
  • Like 1

Thanks. I'll check out Lulu. I wasn't sure if many homeschoolers used their site.

I haven't been on Currclick in years (I forgot they even existed), but when I did go to Currclick, I felt like a lot of the offerings were not well done, more like something I could throw together.  I view Lulu as offering well done materials--Derek Owens, Barefoot Meandering/Kathy Jo, and Classical Writing.

• Like 2

I haven't been on Currclick in years (I forgot they even existed), but when I did go to Currclick, I felt like a lot of the offerings were not well done, more like something I could throw together.  I view Lulu as offering well done materials--Derek Owens, Barefoot Meandering/Kathy Jo, and Classical Writing.

I do agree with this a bit -- the stuff I bought in the earlier years were lapbook type things.  My most recent purchase was Science Jim's Bite-Size Physics and I don't consider that fluff.

I also agree that Teachers Pay Teachers is good and is easy to search.  I have only bought stuff from Getting Nerdy with Mel and Gerdy.  I think that is pretty good quality.  I've been on this board for over 7 years and I just heard about TPT in the last year or 2.

• Like 1

I never use Lulu, but I have used Currclick many times. Tbh, I never really search there. I go there for a specific thing (usually Intellego Unit Studies, EvanMoore, or specific lapbook resources) and don't browse. When I buy things from Intellego, they direct link the item on CurrClick from their website.

• Like 1