Menu

Keeping Algebra fresh while doing Geometry...

We are using TT and will be doing Geometry between Alg 1 and 2.   Any suggestions on something that will have her a couple of problems a day with a lot of variety so Algebra is not forgotten.  It took us 2 years to struggle through it so I hate to lose it.   I know I can just try to find review problems, but I was hoping to find something where I didn't have to pick out problems myself.  Thanks.

You could get a Saxon geometry book and use their algebra review, use theirs for the day, they have a few algebra review problems each lesson. The older editions are cheap on Amazon. Plus, you would have it on hand as a reference book for any Geometry topics that are a challenge, alternate explanations are always helpful.

Edited by ElizabethB
  • Like 1

In another thread Lial's Introductory Algebra was suggested to me and we have been using it, not to review during but to review it all at once after Geometry.  

Lial's has a cumulative review after each chapter and reviews of the chapter and chapter tests. So there are lots of options and you could cycle through it several times if your student works through say all of the chapter tests it all and Geometry isn't over. Then they could go back to the beginning and do the cumulative reviews. 

• Like 1