Menu

What's with the ads?

Plum

50% off sitewide at Audible

ends April 24th

So far I've bought Anansi Boys, Norse *Mythology*, The Ulitmate Harry Potter and Philosophy and The Big Lebowski and Philosophy.

I still want to finish off my Little House series. Right now they are cheaper than a credit. 

I have 3 credits that I might use toward Great Courses.

Edited by Plum Crazy
  • Like 5

I love those ~and philosophy books! I'd never thought about them in audiobook form.

I got the first hakim US history book, the book of joy, the coldest winter, the girl who drank the moon.

• Like 2

I love those ~and philosophy books! I'd never thought about them in audiobook form.

I got the first hakim US history book, the book of joy, the coldest winter, the girl who drank the moon.

Picked up Girl Who Drank the Moon. :) My cousin was just telling me about it and said she couldn't put it down. 

• Like 1

The gaiman Norse mythology book is so great!

I also recently listened to 81 Days Below Zero and loved it.

Edited by OKBud
  • Like 3

I just finished reading the Girl who Drank the Moon.  Very interesting.  Definitely can see ties to traditional fantasy -- but there is also a definite interesting twist.

• Like 2

Of course Anansi Boys is the deal of the day. :001_rolleyes:  I returned the one I bought yesterday and bought it for $3.95. Hopefully it all works out. 

• Like 1

Is that only for members? Everything I just pulled up on my phone was full price.

Yep

Must.....stop.....

Redwall - the cheaper one for $4.99

• Like 2

I have a light subscription which is supposed to give one access to sales, but I"m not seeing it. Are there other "lights" who do see the sale?

I have a light subscription which is supposed to give one access to sales, but I"m not seeing it. Are there other "lights" who do see the sale?

I have a light subscription and I'm not getting sale prices. I wish I was because there are a few things I want to get.

@ Hannah & hellen...

We did.  

Wondering if our location, Southern Hemisphere using U.S audible made the sale aspect activate.  The sale prices initially only showed on my wish list items (?).

Edited by Tuesdays Child

Is the gaiman Norse mythology book kid safe? I know most of his other works I would not give to my kids yet..

I bought the first Hakim book. Wondering if I should get others? We haven't done any of her books yet but I like what I have heard. Recommendations?

I bought the first Redwall book for the kids. I need to talk to DH tonight to see about some more. I think we might need Return of the King and The Two Towers so I'll have to see if they are included.

• Like 1

I'm just about done pre-listening to the Norse Mythology book. It was kid-friendly up until the last story about the mead of poetry. Odin changes form and seduces a giantess protecting the mead. You could skip that story if you like and not miss out. There is mention of blood and of course Thor kills giants but I'm ok with that. That one story is the only one that really stuck out to me. Otherwise I have really enjoyed it and think the kids will like it.

Edited by Plum Crazy
  • Like 1

Is the sale still going on? When I look at the book it shows the sale price but when I put it in my cart and then go to my cart it doesn't have the sale price. Maybe, this is telling me not to buy anything, lol.

Edited by mama25angels

Do you have credits? I found that it automatically wants to apply a credit so I have to uncheck the credit box and update cart and then I see the sale price.

I used my last credit for Mysterious Benedict Society and bought Incorrigible Children of Ashton Place. 

It looks like I'll be spending even more time carschooling in the fall, so I'm stocked up on audiobooks. 

• Like 2

Do you have credits? I found that it automatically wants to apply a credit so I have to uncheck the credit box and update cart and then I see the sale price.

Yes, I have credits! I will try unchecking the credit and update. Thanks

Sale is over, but I found Audible Channels which is free with Prime. It includes full audiobooks like Beatrix Potter, Pride and Prejudice (kind of annoying because I bought that one a few months ago), Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. It looks like it is streaming only...maybe some download, but I can't figure out which ones can download and which ones can't.

In the Audible App, click on Channels, scroll down and then click on Audiobook collections. I followed For All Generations, Better Than the Movie, Follow the Clues, Celebrity Voices Classic Stories, The Great Courses Selected Lectures. 

http://www.audible.com/channels/ref=a_pd_Fictio_c2_1_chnlfd

Edited by Plum Crazy
  • Like 2

Sale is over, but I found Audible Channels which is free with Prime. It includes full audiobooks like Beatrix Potter, Pride and Prejudice (kind of annoying because I bought that one a few months ago), Adventures of Huckleberry Finn and Tom Sawyer. It looks like it is streaming only...maybe some download, but I can't figure out which ones can download and which ones can't.

In the Audible App, click on Channels, scroll down and then click on Audiobook collections. I followed For All Generations, Better Than the Movie, Follow the Clues, Celebrity Voices Classic Stories, The Great Courses Selected Lectures.

http://www.audible.com/channels/ref=a_pd_Fictio_c2_1_chnlfd

The channels options seem like a mini podcast, and some books as teasers. Not that I should complain, but it looks fairly limited?

I don't have Prime. When I clicked the links above it allowed me to buy the kindle version of the book for cheap ($.99) and then add the Audible narration for only a few dollars.