Menu

Spanish Mass

Mbelle

I just remembered the hive knows everything!  The Easter Vigil was a bilingual mass this year. 

During Eucharistic prayers after the priest said,  "This is my body...the spanish speaking people had a response..then the same response again after he said  "This is my blood....etc   

We googled and can find nothing about this.  In fact all we find is that the mass is the same in every language...well we were there and for sure there was a response that is not there in English. 

Does anyone know?

I attended a mass that was very multi-ethnic, and after the consecration, someone yelled out, "My Lord and my God!"  I have not seen that before, but it seemed like part of the liturgy for him.  I am not sure what nationality he was, from the accent and knowing the local community I would guess either Filipino or Portuguese.

• Like 1

I attended a mass that was very multi-ethnic, and after the consecration, someone yelled out, "My Lord and my God!"  I have not seen that before, but it seemed like part of the liturgy for him.  I am not sure what nationality he was, from the accent and knowing the local community I would guess either Filipino or Portuguese.

Apparently saying this silently to one's self was part of the Latin mass years ago and many people still do it in their own language, although it isn't supposed to be said aloud. When we attend Spanish mass,  there is a song that is sung during the sign of peace. It always catches me off-guard.

• Like 1

The one thing that I remember saying is "Anunciamos tu muerte, proclamamos tu resurrección. ¡Ven, Señor Jesús!" but that is after the priest says the body and blood part, as a response to "This is the mystery of our faith". That is not what you heard, is it?

• Like 1