Menu

Tell me about internal CLEANSE detoxing (natural) and "blood type" diet?

sheryl

It's been a long time since I've entertained detoxing so I don't remember much.

Are there different kinds of detoxing?   What are the best programs, supplements, etc?

A N D -

Has anyone here tried the blood type diet?  I heard about this years ago and my sister brought up to me recently.  According to your blood type you eat or don't eat certain foods.

Is this legit?  She said she's lost 26 lbs. but she is quite large and I'm thinking this may be water weight.  I did NOT tell her that as I don't want to deflate her.

Edited by sheryl

I don't follow the blood type diet exactly but I experimented and discovered I feel best on a diet that is quite similar to the one for my type. This was discovered blind. (I looked into it after thinking it had to be bunk). And a friend has discovered through trial and error a diet that is much different than mine but that she feels best on. We were curious so looked up the diet for her blood type and it is very similar to what she had figured out too. It does make me wonder.

Edited by busymama7

I think a simple way to detox a little is a glass of water with lemon/lime juice in the morning before you eat.

I have looked at the blood type diet - not to lose weight - but because I am curious. It seems to be right in our family. I prefer fish and lighter meals, dh is a meat eater. I suspect ds is as well but I don't know his blood type.

I have always gravitated toward those kinds of food that are on my list. I am not sure if it's supposed to help with weight loss or rather is to "ensure" you are feeling well and getting the nutrients you need.

Lots of scientific articles dispute the claims made in the Blood Diet book. I am sure you can find supporting articles online as well as criticism.

I know people who tried the blood type diet, but none stuck with it long. It had too many nonsensical substitutions for reasonable things. 

Right.  I don't know my blood type for certain.  I thought I was 0 + but am not even sure.  LOL!  I eat many (not all) of the foods that are forbidden with an 0 + diet.  :)

I don't follow the blood type diet exactly but I experimented and discovered I feel best on a diet that is quite similar to the one for my type. This was discovered blind. (I looked into it after thinking it had to be bunk). And a friend has discovered through trial and error a diet that is much different than mine but that she feels best on. We were curious so looked up the diet for her blood type and it is very similar to what she had figured out too. It does make me wonder.

Thanks.  Refer to above.  I think I need to find out my blood type.

Seems to me that detoxing means drinking more water, cutting sugar out and eating more salad.

Yes.  I have done this.  My title should have read "cleanse" but maybe a cleanse and detox are basically the same.   I LOVE romaine lettuce and eat lots!

I think a simple way to detox a little is a glass of water with lemon/lime juice in the morning before you eat.

I have looked at the blood type diet - not to lose weight - but because I am curious. It seems to be right in our family. I prefer fish and lighter meals, dh is a meat eater. I suspect ds is as well but I don't know his blood type.

I have always gravitated toward those kinds of food that are on my list. I am not sure if it's supposed to help with weight loss or rather is to "ensure" you are feeling well and getting the nutrients you need.

Lots of scientific articles dispute the claims made in the Blood Diet book. I am sure you can find supporting articles online as well as criticism.

Thanks, Liz.  I'm wondering how much it would be to have my blood tested to determine type.  I certain I wouldn't remove all forbidden foods from any list.   However, like you I gravitate to certain foods more than others. 

They are both pseudo-science.

Perhaps.  I think WW is about everything in moderation which is also key.  Thanks.

I had a friend into the blood type book when it came out.  I glanced through it and absolutely detest most of the vegetables I am supposed to be eating.  My dh, thrives on the foods he is supposed to be eating for his blood type-which is basically the atkins diet.

Pseudo science at best.

As for detoxing, drink more water. Add some lemon to your water. Cut out processed sugar. Eat more vegetables.

• Like 2

Here is a cheap detox:  Take 1 or 2 Purg-odan (or equivalent), wait by the toilet for several hours until bowel is empty. Then eat healthy food with as little processing as possible for the rest of your life. Do some daily exercise. 

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 2