Menu

Tragic story; Former Ravens football player, Todd Heap, accidentally kills daughter

Ginevra

Poor man. He will never really recover. And I'm not surprised since there is no camera in the front of most vehicles. 3 yr old runs out to see daddy and that's it. How awful. I hope the public doesn't shred the poor man. I'm sure he's going to be doing that enough on his own. It could happen to anyone.

• Like 3

This is a big fear for me as well. I try to make sure my children are all accounted for and always walk all around my big van before climbing in, and we have proximity sensors in back, but visibility is just so limited--and kids are so unpredictable.

Heartbreaking :(

This is a big fear for me as well. I try to make sure my children are all accounted for and always walk all around my big van before climbing in, and we have proximity sensors in back, but visibility is just so limited--and kids are so unpredictable.

And this was a FORWARD accident. Most vehicles don't have the cams and sensors for forward accidents.

And even if doing all that before he climbed in, those little kids can be Houdini and lightening quick. It's trite but true that it only takes a minute.

• Like 3

he was moving forwards, and in a truck (so, big.)

kids are so fast.

I hope he's able to find peace.  that would be awful.

• Like 1

Oh that's terrible.

Whenever we are driving and the kids are outside we make them get up on steps where they are visible to the driver. Sometimes I feel like I'm being overly cautious and then I hear a story like this.

My grandma watched her eldest son, age 5 at the time, be run over by a neighbor. It happened in slow motion and there was nothing she could do. It's been 60 years and she still grieves her son.

How horrible. This scares me, too. Kids are short and quick and unpredictable.

Parents of a classmate of DD accidentally ran over their 2 year old son. He died in their arms as they waited for the ambulance. Parents were in such bad shape that after a year of grieving and extreme depression they made a suicide pact. What kept them from going through with it? She found out she was pregnant (the little girl that ended up in DD's class).