Menu

The end of the Journey for dd, aged 5-18...it's been AWESOME!

Just to encourage those of you on this homeschooling journey, our daughter
has been conditionally accepted to the two universities she applied to and to all three programs. We suggested she stay local for post secondary education and so she chose to apply to the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier for this coming school
year. Her program of choice is the Life Sciences Program with the co-op option. Also, she did not need a high school diploma, we took a very different route. Ultimately we had send it documents from 6 different sources.

This homeschooling journey has been a joy with her. She's been motivated to learn and worked hard all along. Although there were times when it was tough, we were always able to get through those times.

I'm both sad and happy that this homeschooling journey is almost over with her. However, God was sooo good in giving us a son 8 years after she was born and so I still get to homeschool him. He's going into gr. 6 this coming school year.

I've seen how God has provided so generously throughout our homeschooling journey, how He called us to this task until now. We always took it year by year. When our daughter was 5 yrs. old, I was going to give it that year only as I was having a difficult time with getting connections started with other families and us. I'm so not the co-op type mom and so I was thinking that we may have to send her to school the following year. However, another
wonderful family came into our life unexpectedly and so God provided a lovely time of connections and doing life together with this family and a few other families for years. But then when my son was born, I developed an autoimmune disease and just couldn't keep up with these regular outings anymore. I was
so sad and worried as to how I was going to be able to provide for our son's social needs now. But God again provided wonderfully in our neighborhood, as a matter of fact, on our street alone is a family who don't homeschool but are a wonderful and godly family who train their children in the ways of God. This has been a huge blessing. We also attended a local private Christian school part-time for one year and that provided our family with another connection with another wonderful Christian part-time homeschooling family. I'm humbled and grateful for what the Lord has done for us during these years of homeschooling our children. May this be a source of encouragement for those of you new or struggling on this journey right now. God is good!

Blessings to you all on this wonderful journey, Susan

• Like 24

Just to encourage those of you on this homeschooling journey, our daughter

has been conditionally accepted to the two universities she applied to and to all three programs. We suggested she stay local for post secondary education and so she chose to apply to the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier for this coming school

year. Her program of choice is the Life Sciences Program with the co-op option. Also, she did not need a high school diploma, we took a very different route. Ultimately we had send it documents from 6 different sources.

Congratulations - those are great schools!!!!  My son was encouraged to apply to U of W for math; but like you, we encouraged him to stay local (I think it's more common in Canada to do this).  Which school did she choose?  I have a friend who is a prof at Wilfred Laurier.

• Like 1