Menu

Low-Carb, Dairy-Free, Egg-Free breakfast ideas

eternalsummer

You equate oatmeal, rice and fruit with a candy bar?  For a family with 4 young children?  These are staple foods for millions of people world wide.  It's kind of nice to have a little variety in life.

She asked for low carb.  I don't equate that with low carb.  And yes the sugar content is quite high.

You equate oatmeal, rice and fruit with a candy bar?  For a family with 4 young children?  These are staple foods for millions of people world wide.  It's kind of nice to have a little variety in life.

Candy bar is a little hyperbolic, but it really doesn't fit the op's request for low-carb breakfasts. 

You didn't specify how low carb so I'll through out a few (imo) mod. carb ideas-- I generally don't eat eggs or dairy either---

a few of my favorities--

- zoodle soup- chopped leftover meat- sautee a bit of onion and garlic- add in broth- meat, chili paste (sambaal oleek), turmeric, garlic powder, dried mustard, and ginger- add in veggies of your choice- I like carrots and celery (carrots are of course higher carb than some other options so if super low carb you need to watch that), throw in zucchini noodles at the end and cook about 5 more min. Top with chopped cilantro

We call the soup favorite soup b/c everyone loves it, I made it for my breakfast every day for months and serve it sometimes for dinner.

- fruit "cereal" - 1 chopped pear/apple or 1 c. of berries (berries are the lowest carb option of course)- topped w/ chopped nuts and coco flakes(unsweet), poor unsweet almond milk or coco milk or cream- sprinkle on cinnamon w/ apples and pears

- smoothie- I use pea protein powder- unsweet almond milk- berries

- B&B- bacon and broccoli- a huge plate of roasted broccoli(takes about 7-8 min broiled on high in my oven) with a side of bacon (also good with smoked salmon)

• Like 1