Menu

Fidget Toy recommendations needed -- bonus points if I can order with Amazon Prime!

Catwoman

I want to get some fidget toys for ds17, and if I could get a few in time for Easter, it would be great. (If I can't get them until after Easter, that's okay, too.)

I see so many fidget cubes and spinners online, but I don't know which to order -- and many of them look suspiciously like the exact same items with different brand names.

Ds already has quite a bit of Thinking Putty and Silly Putty, so I'm looking for some different things.

I'm open to any and all suggestions!

Thanks! :)

Thanks! I hadn't thought of getting him a rubber band ball. :)

I will check ThinkGeek -- I hope they have something in the store so I don't have to deal with buying online from them. They're a nuisance with returns because if you buy online, you can't return the items to a store; you have to pay to ship them back.

Do you mind sharing how your son uses these? During lectures/read alouds type of thing? 

We have one of these.   https://www.amazon.com/Tangle-8800-Relax-Therapy/dp/B001EWC5M4/ref=pd_sim_21_5?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=B001EWC5M4&pd_rd_r=D56GA3DKRHTXKZ7AJW24&pd_rd_w=8Xhkn&pd_rd_wg=glLpj&refRID=D56GA3DKRHTXKZ7AJW24&th=1

Edited by cintinative
  • Like 1

Here are the two I recently purchased for my 17 year old recently and I've been using the chain one the most while he keeps the cube in his room. Both came relatively quick.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N4UM7TJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N5RQP2H/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o06_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1  This is the knock off brand and makes a little bit of clicking noise but not enough to be distracting.  

• Like 1

He has the tangle thing -- I think the one you linked is larger than the one he has, though. :)

Ds17 spends a lot of time on the computer and I noticed that he's always fidgeting with something on his desk, so I started buying things like Thinking Putty for him. The Thinking Putty gets to be a weird consistency after a while, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

I don't think the fidget stuff helps him concentrate better. It just gives his hands something to do, if that makes any sense. :)

• Like 1

He has the tangle thing -- I think the one you linked is larger than the one he has, though. :)

Ds17 spends a lot of time on the computer and I noticed that he's always fidgeting with something on his desk, so I started buying things like Thinking Putty for him. The Thinking Putty gets to be a weird consistency after a while, so I'm trying to find alternatives.

I don't think the fidget stuff helps him concentrate better. It just gives his hands something to do, if that makes any sense. :)

Yes, makes perfect sense. My son is always fidgeting with remotes and drives me crazy with the noise.   I also need something to do with my hands while reading or just sitting around talking and watching tv.  The chain worked better than the tangle loop.  I find myself playing with the cube while we are at OT sessions, more so than my son.  :)

• Like 2

How very interesting. I never actually thought of doing this before, but DS would benifit, I think. When he reads on my iPad or Kindle, he messes with the cover constantly. It drives me bonkers! I'm like, "WHY can't you just READ without turning the cover into a pretzel?!"

• Like 2

I bought a Wacky tracks toy years, maybe 20 years ago from Target I believe. I kept it with our road trip box of stuff. It's still in use today, as His son plays with it.

I also had the tangle toy but he didn't like it as much and it is long gone.

Wacky tracks are on Amazon. They do click when they are being manipulated, but it's not loud.

• Like 1

Thank you so much for all of the suggestions! I'm checking them all out -- it's so hard to figure out which ones he would like, but at least most of them are reasonably priced so I can buy a variety and hope for the best. :)

If anyone else has any ideas, please post them!

THANKS AGAIN!!!!!