Menu

Best eye make up remover for sensitive eyes.

This is for my 4 year old. She needs eye make up for her dance recital and between photos and dress rehearsals we're having to do the hair/make up bit multiple times. I'm having trouble getting the eyeliner off her lower lid. I use the same product and never have problems but I use soap, which I'm afraid to do for her.

I've tried a washcloth and then regular old Loreal Eye Make Up remover on a q-tip but she still has black liner on her eyes. She looks like Lolita. Help! I thought sleeping would diminish it, but nope. Still there. What do I buy?

You could try micellar cleansing water. That's what I'm currently using and it seems to work. I also used it for my 15 year old son who was in a school play and didn't want to keep his eye makeup on haha. I'm using Garnier but I heard Loreal was really good.

• Like 3

DD uses Burt's Bees Grapefruit OR Neutrogena Face Wipes.  Whichever one happens to be on the shelf when we are in need of them.  She has had no issues with those particular wipes.  Other wipes have irritated her skin or have had something else that bothers her- texture of the wipe or the fragrance.

Personally, I prefer the Bert's Bees.  Those wipes are crazy soft and the scent is so lovely. 

• Like 1

The clinique Take The Day off for lids, lashes and lips works best for my sensitive skin child. It is pricey, but I use their foundation and this remover is often in the free gifts they give out with purchase. I have also used plain coconut oil, but some people are sensitive to it.

• Like 3

I use Physicians Formula Eye Makeup Remover Lotion.  No fragrance which is a must and it's only $5. I tried 2 different micellar waters and they both stung for some reason even though I don't think they had fragrance, either.  We've used Simple brand or Neutrogena cleansing towelette things, too.

• Like 1

It's not something you can just run out and get, but I really like Avon's Moisture Effective Eye Makeup Remover Lotion. Removers often sting my skin or irritate my eyes, but this one doesn't. It's not greasy, doesn't dry out my skin, and does a good job on my waterproof liner and mascara. 

• Like 1