Menu

Newer tracker/accountability app that I like

sdobis

I downloaded the 'Homeschool Teacher' app on Friday as part of my planning. It was $7.99 for the teacher app. The student apps are free. There is a school code that connects all the apps together.

I like it because you can use it as a planner and as an accountability app. There's a section for school that includes a list of customizable subjects and courses, a gradebook, an attendance chart, a time log, and a few other things.

You can then assign lessons to as many children as you like. You can schedule in advance depending on how far in advance you prefer. When they finish, they mark it as done. After you check their work, you verify that it's complete and can add a grade if preferred.

There is a similar chore aspect. You can customize chores, add them to the student list, the child marks them complete, and the parent verifies them.

Another nice aspect is the reward center. You can assign each assignment and chore with coin values. You don't have to if you don't like external rewards. When the assignment is marked complete by mom, the coin is earned. They can visit the reward center and eventually "purchase" rewards. I thought my 8th grader wouldn't care about this, but her rewards are Starbucks, new books, and hot topic gift cards. Now she's psyched!

So I am not being reimbursed for my review of the app. I noticed a bug when I first tried it out. I had a few recommendations as well. I sent them an email on Saturday and received a reply this morning. The bug is fixed and they are taking my suggestions into consideration. Very friendly company. I told them that I would share their app since I was so impressed with the app and their customer service.

Edited by sdobis
  • Like 4

I just went to look at this and it's neat.

Two questions:

1. Do you have to assign times to things? The examples all do. I currently just use the spiral notebook method and write a list of things to do for each kid and they typically choose the order they do things in for themselves.

2. Do assignments and/or chores roll over or do I have to re-input every time? Math is typically just do the next thing so I'd want to input "do Math" as a daily recurring task, but we might only do geography once or twice a week.

I just went to look at this and it's neat.

Two questions:

1. Do you have to assign times to things? The examples all do. I currently just use the spiral notebook method and write a list of things to do for each kid and they typically choose the order they do things in for themselves.

2. Do assignments and/or chores roll over or do I have to re-input every time? Math is typically just do the next thing so I'd want to input "do Math" as a daily recurring task, but we might only do geography once or twice a week.

There's an option to select 'all day'. That is what I'll do. Also you can set it to repeat weekly. Then you choose which days you want it to repeat. It seems really pretty simple once you mess around with it.

I'm a notebook person myself. This feels like that though because I can set "do math" for every day this year. Then I can add other assignments daily so I don't feel behind. Adding chores is nice too.