Menu

Spin-off - Jelly bean poll!

Tanaqui

Jelly bean  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like buttered popcorn jelly belly beans?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know
  2. 2. Do you like black licorice?

• Yes
    • No
    • I don't know

Black licorice and marshmallow (sickeningly sweet even for a jelly bean-blech) are the only ones I just won't eat, though it's been awhile, so I should buy some to refresh my memory. ;)

I haven't had the vomit, skunk and other strange ones though and had never heard of them before Janeway's thread. No thanks!

ETA: Love popcorn. Yum! So good.

ETA: oh, and pina colada is another fave. 

Edited by ifIonlyhadabrain

I don't really like Jelly Bellies - except for those two flavors! I'd buy whole bags of black licorice (maybe I should this week... hmmm, I think I need to run errands now).

Emily

Okay, that is funny! :p

• Like 1

funny, ain't it? I guess most of you hate cilantro then? I love cilantro but I don't know if it is a jellybean flavor yet.

I HATE buttered popcorn flavor jellybeans. It's like vomit.

LOVE licorice and fruit flavors.

HATE mocha, java, coffee flavored jellybeans. It's bitter to me. Bleh. 

I hate peeps too.  :ack2:

funny, ain't it? I guess most of you hate cilantro then? I love cilantro but I don't know if it is a jellybean flavor yet.

I HATE buttered popcorn flavor jellybeans. It's like vomit.

LOVE licorice and fruit flavors.

HATE mocha, java, coffee flavored jellybeans. It's bitter to me. Bleh.

I hate peeps too. :ack2:

I was thinking of the cilantro thing too. I'm pro-buttered popcorn jelly bean (and coffee everything), but nooooooooo to the cilantro! Yuck, soap flavor.

We have common ground with the nastiness that is Peeps.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure I have never met a candy I didn't like.  :o Except maybe peanut butter kisses and some of the Harry Potter Bertie Botts jelly beans. 

ETA: Oh! And Bit-O-Honey. Halloween memories... 

ETA 2: And the weird candy that used to be manufactured in my town.

Edited by MercyA

I like the popcorn but not black licorice.  But I am weird I like the grass clipping ones from the every flavor packs  :leaving:

Wow, I think it's been longer than I though since I've had Jelly Belly beans. I'm not recognizing some of these flavors, especially grass. Unless you're joking? :P

• Like 2

Ok, all you black licorice lovers--we need to be bff's. Not because I love them too, but rather I want someone to give mine to since I can't stand them. No one in our family likes them so they usually get thrown out.

I don't hate the buttered popcorn flavor but only like it in small quantities and with the right flavor to eat along with it.

This is an interesting article about the creator of the buttered popcorn flavor, among others good and gross: http://www.confectionerynews.com/R-D/Accidental-inventions-The-barf-flavored-jelly-bean-inventor

• Like 1

DH is bringing me home dinner from Taco Bell and a Jelly Belly variety bag for dessert. Not a meal for the nutritional record books, but, yum. lol

I saw the mention of Taco Bell coupled with Jelly Belly and immediately wondered what a taco flavor jellybean would be like. At first it seems gross but I strangely like the smell of taco-scented stickers so maybe I'd give taco jellybeans a go.

• Like 1

Oh, blech, the marshmallow ones!

Basically, anything that's a savory food does not, imo, make a good jellybean flavor.

I'm not sure what it is about the marshmallow flavor that I don't like. Maybe because it lacks warm toasty smooshiness. I mean, who really wants a cold, chewy marshmallow? Not me. Give 'em to the jello salad lovers.

I LOVE....LOVE Jelly Belly's I won't even eat jelly beans that are not either Jelly Bellys or Gimbals. But I prefer Jelly Belly

However.......I can't stand Buttered Popcorn. It's.....blech! Can't do it.

Black Licorice...I love black licorice in general. And I like Jelly Belly (or Gimbal) black licorice.

But my favorite Jelly Belly Jelly Bean of all time....FAVORITE....is Juicy Pear. Pear isn't even my favorite fruit....but Juicy Pear Jelly Bean is the Bomb Diggity.

Right on. All of it. We're Jelly Belly twins. :)

• Like 1

Okay since it's come up again in this thread, would someone please explain to me the deal about genetics and taste for cilantro? I love love love cilantro!

[eta NOT cilantro jelly beans - the actual leafy stuff!]

Edited by Seasider
  • Like 2

I saw the mention of Taco Bell coupled with Jelly Belly and immediately wondered what a taco flavor jellybean would be like. At first it seems gross but I strangely like the smell of taco-scented stickers so maybe I'd give taco jellybeans a go.

Oh, totally. There could be a Taco Bell combo pack. :P Let's see:

Taco

nacho cheese

refried bean

mango tea (Taco Bell is the only place I've found that sells this

salsa

churro

Seasider: Here's your answer on why you and I like cilantro and some of my kids don't, among others...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/24/why-does-cilantro-taste-bad-like-soap_n_7653808.html

Okay since it's come up again in this thread, would someone please explain to me the deal about genetics and taste for cilantro? I love love love cilantro!

[eta NOT cilantro jelly beans - the actual leafy stuff!]

• Like 1

Give me the grape candies. I usually don't touch the "weird" flavored jelly beans and seldom eat jelly beans at all anymore. As a kid they were always around at Easter. As an adult, I don't go out of my way to get them.

I don't like black licorice. Or Jägermeister. Basically the same thing in liquid form. :ack2:

My favourite sweet licorice is Panda from Finland. My favourite salty licorice is anything from Europe. I love the little hard, salty ones that come in a little box and blow your tongue to shreads!  :laugh:

I don't eat North American licorice or jelly beans anymore. Once I was introduced to European licorice there was no going back to North American.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 1