Menu

What do you replace soda with?

Outdoorsy Type

I like La Croix, but have found that Dasani sparkling water tastes more soda-y. Though that still doesn't solve the caffeine issue.

I've heard of people using sparkling water to brew iced tea. I'm trying that right now, and will update if it seems worthwhile.

I make a really strong iced tea concentrate and then dilute with bubbly instead of still water.

Not all tea is created equal. What kind of tea are you drinking? Is it bagged or loose/full leaf? If it's bagged, throw it away because it's not quality tea.

Also, are you drinking black, green, or white tea? Or "herbal"? All of that will make a difference. That being said, it's interesting you should bring it up, I found a few years ago that the more I drank tea ( a good quality loose leaf tea), the less I wanted coffee. Somehow since then I've transitioned back to more coffee than tea but my body is giving me signs that I need to go back to the loose leaf tea. There are SO many health benefits to drinking a quality loose leaf tea! Souviadotcom has over 140 choices of loose leaf teas. I think I've tried most of them! LOL

HTH!

Note: a quality loose leaf tea is not cheap. You won't get the "bagged tea price" because the quality is so much different.

Generally it's too much bagged green tea. I'll experiment with loose leaf. It also could have been the stevia giving me headaches. Thanks!

I really appreciate all the ideas.

Edited by Outdoorsy Type

Not all tea is created equal. What kind of tea are you drinking? Is it bagged or loose/full leaf? If it's bagged, throw it away because it's not quality tea.

Also, are you drinking black, green, or white tea? Or "herbal"? All of that will make a difference. That being said, it's interesting you should bring it up, I found a few years ago that the more I drank tea ( a good quality loose leaf tea), the less I wanted coffee. Somehow since then I've transitioned back to more coffee than tea but my body is giving me signs that I need to go back to the loose leaf tea. There are SO many health benefits to drinking a quality loose leaf tea! Souviadotcom has over 140 choices of loose leaf teas. I think I've tried most of them! LOL

HTH!

Note: a quality loose leaf tea is not cheap. You won't get the "bagged tea price" because the quality is so much different.

What other brands do you like? Can you tell me some I'd find in brick & mortar stores?

I am trying to cut back on soda and coffee (at least coffee where have lots of creamer or sugar/milk).  I hadn't heard of La Croix so I just picked up some lemon flavored.  It was a bit of a shock after the really sugary sodas, but think it will grow on me.  I think it will be really good in the summer when it is really hot outside :-).  What is your favorite flavor of La Croix?

I am trying to cut back on soda and coffee (at least coffee where have lots of creamer or sugar/milk).  I hadn't heard of La Croix so I just picked up some lemon flavored.  It was a bit of a shock after the really sugary sodas, but think it will grow on me.  I think it will be really good in the summer when it is really hot outside :-).  What is your favorite flavor of La Croix?

Lemon, lime, orange are my favorites.  I also like Pomegranate (sp?).  DH loves cherry.

Target and some grocery stores carry some fancy ones called Curate (accent over the u that my old computer keyboard won't do): http://www.lacroixwater.com/category/lacroix-curate-flavors/  The blackberry cucumber and cherry lime are my favorites. They're good mixers too, if you're avoiding sugar but want some booze. ;)

There is the nicest little locally owned tea shop close to me that sells you brewed tea by the cup or loose tea by the ounce, and they have, gosh I don't know, I'd guess over 100 flavors to choose from.  A friend of mine raved about this place for years, and said it turned her into a tea lover.  My response was always meh, I'm a coffee person, I'm not going to bother.  I finally tried it and I have fallen in love!  I had no idea tea could taste so good!  I wish that I had fallen in love with a less expensive vice, but at least it's a healthy one, right?   :laugh:

What is your favorite flavor of La Croix?

The lime is my everyday go-to flavor, but I love the blackberry cucumber as a special treat (I have to make a special trip to a place that I don't normally shop in order to find it!).

.... I replaced soda with diet soda when I was a kid?

These days I keep it to a can or less a day, and drink more tea, sparkling water, and one americano instead. I do also drink plenty of plain water.