Menu

Athena's registration is open for fall :)

DD quite enjoyed the Intermediate lit sequence. She's going to take Emma's Harry Potter class, mostly to see how another junior instructor manages it, but also because it ties into our focus on literary analysis (and drops off right when she'll need more time for her class).

• Like 1

DD quite enjoyed the Intermediate lit sequence. She's going to take Emma's Harry Potter class, mostly to see how another junior instructor manages it, but also because it ties into our focus on literary analysis (and drops off right when she'll need more time for her class).

Sacha started with Earth Science when he was 7 (spring of 1st), then did Intermediate Lit and Physics this year (for 2nd). He has loved all of his Athena's classes.

DD is looking at the Marine Mammals class through Athena's, maybe sparked by the upcoming move to a coast. :)

She's also considering the Horrible Histories class through Online G3. Anyone have any reviews on that one? Or know average age range for it? (She's still pretty young...)

She loved the Intermediate Lit last fall, but isn't taking the spring semester now because we were traveling for several weeks and I nixed trying to maintain online classes while in Guatemala. I want her to do the spring semester before moving on to the Advanced Intermediate Lit.

• 2 weeks later...

My impression is that Online G3 is more 10-11 for the non-Teen focus classes. I nixed Horrible Histories series off our list for the future because my son is sensitive. I looked at a copy of one of those books before...just not my kiddo's cup of tea.

Their FAQ says their intro classes are usually ages 8-13, and that's a big range. DD reads the Horrible Histories books for fun. I'm horrible at predicting what will trigger her sensitivities, but it seems to be more of a problem with fiction than nonfiction.

At the moment, I'm leaning toward delaying that class a year or two, just to have more flexibility in our schedule. Too many interesting things and not enough time!

Just signed flyergirl up for Introduction to Herpetology. Hope it is a good fit its her first live online class.

I hope so too! DD is excited about doing it. I will be logged into moderate as well, so I'm looking forward to hearing it in progress? I usually only get to hear DD's side since she's on a headset.

• Like 1