Menu

Shorts for little girls that are not Daisy Dukes

knitgrl

Anybody know where to find some? I hate shopping. My MIL will go to Kohl's and bring back short shorts. I have looked at Old Navy and found nothing but short shorts. My husband bought some off of amazon and they are short shorts. Our dd is 7. This is ridiculous.

• Like 1

Children's Place used to have longer shorts......haven't been there in a while though. I hate shopping too, so my Mom (who lives to shop) usually takes the dd's. They go to Justice (sale rack), Burke's, Marshall's, and Crazy 8 and can usually find some stuff that works. Both of my girls have crazy long legs so it's always been sort of an issue. When oldest was in public school we had issues with the whole fingertip length guide. I think Children's Place is where we got the most, but I will say their quality seemed to shift a couple of years back so I quit going as often. 

ETA: And Palais Royal- for my oldest who is out of the kids' store, it's a great place for shorts and jeans, but they have a decent kid selection too. 

Edited by texasmom33

Last year I found some at JCPenney and bought a few pairs (they're kind of a stretchy knit denim, in colors). My mom found some reasonable ones at kohls - not quite bermudas, but mid-thigh. For sports, we found some under armor girls basketball shorts that come to the knee (we live near an outlet, so I don't know where/if you can find them elsewhere). I also ordered a pair of XS sized womens umbro shorts and this year, now that she's more of a 10-12, sometimes 14, they should fit. You know the choices are bad when my dad, out shopping with my mom for a birthday gift for my girl, looked at the shorts and said 'Those don't even look comfortable!'.

I just bought my 7 year old daughter who has long legs some denim bermuda shorts from Target. Two different styles. Both have front and back pockets...which she loves. One pair has cuffs. I wanted to buy multiple pairs, but of course, they were already heavily picked over. 

My 7yo might go along with this. I do not know if it would be acceptable to the youngest. I have no idea where she got her distinct preference for pink and frilly.

Buy from the boy's section. Get some flowery iron on patches and some lace or ruffle. Iron on the patches, sew the ruffle to the hem, add a pink belt, and voila - girls pants!

Alternatively, yeah, go for the Bermuda shorts, or let her do what my kiddo does - capri leggings under shorts and skirts.

Edited by Tanaqui
  • Like 2

I like longer shorts that are also loose-fitting. I've found that basketball shorts work really well. Something like this:

http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/p/champion-girls-75-mesh-shorts-16chagmshshrtxxxxapb/16chagmshshrtxxxxapb?&color=Pink%20Bloom

I also really like these Bermuda shorts from Walmart. I know they are almost sold out, but I've found them on eBay and at a resale shop:

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Faded-Glory-Girls-Pull-On-Bermuda-Shorts/51341678?variantFieldId=actual_color

These Girls Will Be shorts are actually intentionally anti-frilly / girly, but they are also more modest than most I've seen. They're a bit pricey for me, though:

http://girlswillbehq.com/perfect-play-shorts/

Edited by MercyA

I just wait till she wears a hole in her Jean knees, cut and hem.

I must admit I bought a pj pack and they turned out to be the short shorts. I didn't think much till we were away at a holiday house with family and realised it was basically impossible for her to sit without underwear showing ... Poor kid.

I found Bermuda length at both Kohl's and Walmart recently. The ones at Kohls I've found 2-3 years in a row now. They're often displayed with the legs rolled up so they look shorter at first glance, but the cuffs aren't stitched down and can be unrolled.

If you sew well enough to hem, you could convert pants from a thrift shop too.

Edited by Forget-me-not

Thanks for your help! It's nice to know there are choices out there. I knew there had to be, but you know, the whole hate shopping thing gets in the way. :001_rolleyes:

I hear you! I basically make do with whatever I can find at Wal-mart, which is boy's jeans shorts. :P  I probably be forced to branch out as DD gets older.