Menu

Size accuracy on Swim outlet

Beaniemom

Dd7 wants board shorts this year. I'vefound some cute ones that match her long sleeve rashguard but looking at size charts it seems she'd wear a 2-3 year sizeby waist or a 6-7 by hips. Any suggestions? Other places to check where we could try them on? She specifically wants almost to the knee for length.

Does she mind boys board shorts? My DS11 who is small for size and skinny has over the years bought and used board shorts from Old Navy and XeroExposure (not sure we bought from Sears or Kohl's or JCPenney). His current size 8 board shorts reach to my knee.

We use swim outlet for ds all the time. Every brand fits differently and the sizing charts are not all that helpful. It is not unusual for me to return something once or twice before we get the right fit. They are great with returns (read their policy first), but it is a hassle. I will continue to order his competitive suits, but I will never order for myself again because I hate the hassle or returns. I am better off trying on my suits before buying.