Menu

Why could I not move into the modern age????

Anne in CA

So, I was putting a lot of my Google Docs into one file so that I could made sure they flow and have them edited later in the week... I think I accidentally put several of my files into my dd's history presentation. :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead: . She used my computer and signed into Goggle Docs on it because the Chromebook the school insists she use just had an update that ruined her presentation. I thought I signed her out and signed me in but evidently not.  I hope she catches it and doesn't turn it in that way... or if it does get turned him I hope her history teacher understands that several chapters of my pirate novel should in no way negate her Holocaust slide show....  This is what she gets for doing updates. At least there were no naughty parts in what I copied and pasted.

• Like 3

I had problems with Google Docs a few days ago on my iPad (okay in the morning and not okay after lunch) and after that had not try using it so it may be okay now. I get your frustration.

My hubby had our kids and me teach him how to use an iPhone 7 because he never had an iPhone. My dad used the iPad that I bought him solely for learning English and it helps him a lot since my dad had perfect eyesight until he was in his 60s. My mom calls it the big expensive English dictionary :)

• Like 3

Uggh.  I hate when computers think for themselves.  LOL

I just found out that my laptop has been signed into my daughters Google Chrome since fall.  All of my search history, is in her account.  I follow a lot of rabbit holes when I do research, so when I read something that has a word/term/concept I don't understand I will search really bazaar topics sometimes.  I found out when she told me, so she must have seen at least some of it. LOL

I CANNOT, get it to log her out and stay logged out.  I even uninstalled Chrome, but when I installed Adobe the other day, it reinstalled Chrome for me and I didn't notice it logged he backr in, until my background color changed back to hers.

Edited by Tap
  • Like 2

I just confirmed with my wife that last week she was using Google Docs, trying to help her sister with a project and it got all screwed up.  My wife is very knowledgeable and my DD is very knowledgeable about using computer software.   Some of what was described here might have to do with "Cookie" problems, within a web browser.  Some may have to do with issues/glitches of Google Docs. I think I will avoid using it, after reading this thread.  IF one logs out of an account, and then logs back in and they are logged into someone elses account, that would not be nice. This is a gentle reminder for everyone to religiously backup their files to their DropBox account or another account in the Cloud.  Hopefully, if one does that, and then things go awry, one can recover to an earlier version that was OK.

ETA:  EDIT TO CORRECT WHAT I WROTE ABOVE.  My wife likes Google Docs. Her problem was with Google Drive. She was working with a .PDF file. When she Uploaded a Microsoft WORD document, and then her sister downloaded it, it got corrupted.  The license for their paid version of NitroPDF had expired, which my wife discovered at Midnight Sunday.  Here's a link to the Free version, which can do more than just read:   https://www.gonitro.com/pdf-reader  Nitro PDF is highly recommended... Free and Paid versions... Back to the topic. My wife could not redo 3 or 4 days of her work, in 30 minutes, trying to get it to her sister, who is in another city.  The solution was to send it via the free service of WeTransfer.com which was immediate and perfect.  https://wetransfer.com/

Edited by Lanny
  • Like 1