Menu

update on my weird health issues

SparklyUnicorn

Gone.  All of it.  No aches and pains.  No GI issues.  Even all the stuff I assumed was related maybe to perimenopause...gone.  It's like I have a new younger body.

Now of course I still have to deal with the GERD issues.  That's as good as it is going to get I think though because I have a hiatal hernia.  Can't do much about that.  I've cut the Prevacid in half.  First two days I thought I was in trouble, but that has since resolved.  I'm going to hang out at 30mg for awhile before attempting to cut that down.  Or maybe I won't.  I have an appointment on Thursday with GI doc.

Even the tingling numb pinky problem is about 98% better.  I still sleep with the brace for good measure and have changed my desk, etc.  It's just about completely gone.

Just thought I'd post something positive.

• Like 37

wow!

something similar happened to me once with thrush - I had it with my 4th kid from about 3 months to 8 months, and we tried everything.  We did the nystatin and the gentian violet and I changed my diet (drastically, obnoxiously, ugh) and took probiotics and yogurt and on and on.  None of it made a whit of difference.

Then, one day, poof.  Gone.  No reason.  I figured it was fair enough since we'd gotten it for no reason in the first place.

• Like 1

Wait!  How did this happen?  I might have missed a post or two because I've been busy, but I want your secret!

Gone.  All of it.  No aches and pains.  No GI issues.  Even all the stuff I assumed was related maybe to perimenopause...gone.  It's like I have a new younger body.

Now of course I still have to deal with the GERD issues.  That's as good as it is going to get I think though because I have a hiatal hernia.  Can't do much about that.  I've cut the Prevacid in half.  First two days I thought I was in trouble, but that has since resolved.  I'm going to hang out at 30mg for awhile before attempting to cut that down.  Or maybe I won't.  I have an appointment on Thursday with GI doc.

Even the tingling numb pinky problem is about 98% better.  I still sleep with the brace for good measure and have changed my desk, etc.  It's just about completely gone.

Just thought I'd post something positive.

• Like 2

Was this with magnesium supplementing or another treatment, or did they just go out of the blue?

I tried supplements, but they caused issues so I stopped pretty much after the first week of trying.  I tried to increase foods with magnesium.  I did lose weight and think this had a lot to do with some of it.  Been doing low carb.  Been exercising for many months. 

I don't know if any of those things did it or what.  They didn't hurt I'm sure.  Some of the symptoms seemed to happen no matter what I ate or did so I really do think in part something just improved/went away.

• Like 2

Wait!  How did this happen?  I might have missed a post or two because I've been busy, but I want your secret!

I bet it's because she's a unicorn........ ;)