Menu

What would you call this course on a transcript?

My son is taking this course, and I would like it listed as a Social Studies course on his transcript.  I was thinking of "Global Studies" but apparently that is what many schools call World History courses.  He already has that listed on his transcript.

http://www.nationalccrs.org/perspectives-study-program/perspectives-world-christian

Any other ideas?

One of the suggested categories at the link is Religion and Culture.

I might use that.

Eta: I'm familiar with the course though it's been a while. There is a lot of cross cultural communication, history of missions and some comparative religion.

Edited by Sebastian (a lady)
  • Like 1

Thank you.  Would Sociology of Christianity or Religion and Culture be under the Social Studies label?  His end of the year project is a culture interview/paper.    He really could use another Social Studies course as he already has quite a few Bible type courses.  .

Edited by twinkletoesmomma

Yes I think you could put it under Social Studies,

but

I think it is also worth looking at the transcript as a whole. It sounds like you are doing that in your realization that there are already many religion credits. Is the Perspectives course going to be one of 4 history/ SS credits or one of 2? If he is already light on social studies does he at least have a couple solid and typical courses (U.S. History, World History, Government)

It also has to be considered in light of college and/or career goals. What a selective liberal arts college vs an engineering school vs a non-select state school vs a Christian college are looking for may be quite different.

• Like 1

Thank you for the reply! This Perspectives course would be his 4th Social Studies credit. He already has World, American, and Government.

He really doesn't know what college or even what major he is going to have.

Now what course title sounds best?

Edited by twinkletoesmomma