Menu

What's on your coffee table?

Debbi in Texas

These candlesticks: https://www.crateandbarrel.com/3-piece-arden-mirrored-stainless-steel-taper-candle-holder-set/s214523

Given to us as a wedding present from a dear friend of mine.  Currently they are sans candles and covered in fingerprints courtesy of my three small offspring.  It is not unusual for Ophelia the (wooden) Owl to perch on one of them, but she appears to have gone to bed with my daughter tonight.

The candlesticks are the only permanent dweller on the coffee table, because the room just needed a little height.  Currently there are piles of laundry, sorted by resident.  With luck those will be reduced to just the kids' clothes before adult bedtime.  The cat, feet, books, and the occasional cheese plate are the other most common residents; never remote controls because the baby eats them.

I got rid of ours about 20 years ago.  When ds22 was about 2yo, I realized that it just collected junk and was covered in finger prints.  I also didn't like having another hard surface for him to smack his head on.

We have one end table, that has a lamp.  And one wood stool that is moved around for a small table if someone has a coffee cup.

It sounds like this is not the group to inspire you about decorating your coffee table!

As for mine- three remotes, iew books and dvds, little league rule book, case of DVDs, the dog poop bags I was wondering where dc put, and random papers.