Menu

UGH! Now I know one reason I am purging and organizing

DawnM

I just purchased a pencil sharpener and took it to my classroom, where I teach.

I have a decent one at home but I want that one in my classroom.  The school provided one that doesn't sharpen well, it sharpens lopsided.

Cleaning out the office yesterday, I found my other pencil sharpener that has been missing for about 5 years.

This isn't the only thing I have found multiples of.

Sigh.

Edited by DawnM
  • Like 7

I have a decent one at home but I want that one in my classroom.  The school provided one that doesn't sharpen well, it sharpens lopsided.

Cleaning out the office yesterday, I found my other pencil sharpener that has been missing for about 5 years.

Sigh.

This happens to me too.

I've been looking for our tape dispenser for a couple of months.  

• Like 2

Yup. It happens every time I declutter! I think one of the highest costs of cluster and disorganization is buying duplicate items. That's my argument against keeping all this extra crap -- the back up stuff. . . The old BBQ tools in case your new ones break and you, for some unforeseen reason, are so broke you can't buy a new set. . . Same goes for salad spinners, etc, etc, etc. I think the cost of the clutter (via not being able to FIND the stuff you own) is higher than the cost of occasionally buying a replacement for something you *could* have had a back up for . . . Dh doesn't get it, but fortunately, even though his impulse is to keep, keep . . . he's pretty easy going and let's me get rid of stuff *if* I insist. I've learned to insist more often . . .

• Like 2

Sigh.

Leave your current nice one at the school when you move and pack the one you found for the new school.

But, yes, we found that owned several hammers and over a dozen screwdrivers when we did a massive declutter because dh kept buying duplicates.

• Like 1

Leave your current nice one at the school when you move and pack the one you found for the new school.

But, yes, we found that owned several hammers and over a dozen screwdrivers when we did a massive declutter because dh kept buying duplicates.

Actually I think I will donate one or two of them to homeschool local families.