Menu

Heads up - comfy cheap tank tops!

ktgrok

If you like tanks in the summer, and want ones that aren't super clingy or look like they are for 12 year olds, check out the Layering Tank at walmart. I lived in them last summer (paired with those linen blend shorts from Old Navy that were linked in another thread). I just bought 5 more in the next size up to accommodate my post partum body while I lose the weight to fit in the ones from last year. These are not tight fitting like the ribbed kind, and the straps are wide enough to hide a bra strap. And the arm holes aren't so big they show your bOOks. Oh, and not see through. 

They may be hard to find...at mine they were mixed in with the ribbed tanks, but they sticker on them says "layering tank". I think they were about $4 each!

• Like 9

Do you know if these run on the big or small side? I'm always between two sizes and don't know which to get.

I'd say they run big as I was still able to wear the size large even at eight months pregnant. They do have some stretch. It kind of depends how you want them to fit. I could wear a large right now but it would be a little bit snug or rather fitted. I got the extra large so that they are kind of loose and not fitted to me. Until my postpartum belly goes back down I prefer that type of fit. They do seem to have more options in the store than they do online. I found some really nice navy and white striped ones, black and white striped, peach striped, and some other pretty colors.
  • Like 1

If you like tanks in the summer, and want ones that aren't super clingy or look like they are for 12 year olds, check out the Layering Tank at walmart. I lived in them last summer (paired with those linen blend shorts from Old Navy that were linked in another thread). I just bought 5 more in the next size up to accommodate my post partum body while I lose the weight to fit in the ones from last year. These are not tight fitting like the ribbed kind, and the straps are wide enough to hide a bra strap. And the arm holes aren't so big they show your bOOks. Oh, and not see through. 

They may be hard to find...at mine they were mixed in with the ribbed tanks, but they sticker on them says "layering tank". I think they were about $4 each!

I will look for them next time I'm at Walmart. I bought a pair of the linen blend shorts from Old Navy that you recommended and I LOVE them! So, thank you and I will be happy to let you continue to dress me. :-)

• Like 2