laundry put in dryer

To Do:

meals

put another load in the washer

get ready to go

pack car with co-op stuff

co-op

pack for trip

go to TN to spend the night (will got on to Ohio tomorrow)

stop and see dd before going to sister's house

Edited by mom31257
  • Like 6

Good morning ladies!  A rainy day here in FL - we need rain desperately.  I got pretty much nothing accomplished yesterday so today I must really get a move on things.  My homeschooled child took about twice as long to do school yesterday as any other day.  Ugh I hate when that happens.

-coffee

-workout (yesterday's upper body weights)

-shower

-cook sauce for tonight's dinner, assemble ingredients (chicken parm casserole with spaghetti and a salad)

-school with youngest

-laundry (hours worth, ugh)

-pick up oldest from high school

-oldest to pitching lesson

-oldest to conditioning gym

-feed everyone dinner

ETA:  Ugh!  I'm waiting for an important call and am afraid to do anything lest I not be able to pick up the phone (although maybe if I start working out that will ensure the phone will ring while I am panting :glare: )

Edited by Pink and Green Mom
  • Like 6

Rainy Friday morning.

Today:

laundry

study for my final

15 yo needs to finish math

mass at noon

take 15 yo to math tutor 

study some more

tidy my bedroom

figure out if we are going to certamen tomorrow, and details

figure out dinner

study

take final @ 7:30

relax!

• Like 6

Morning everyone! So glad it's Friday!  :hurray:  And also so glad that the cold, wet, windy weather has finally passed us by.

I'm hoping to stay home all day and chip away at the long list of things that didn't get done this week.

•school

•clean this messy house

•clean up soggy horse paddocks

•continue decluttering bookshelves

•read

•dinner: taquitos

• Like 5

Good Morning!

Not sure I will accomish much today. Tired from yesterday!

Math and piano

Kids to tutorial

Coffee with a friend

Kids to my mom's for lunch and cookie baking

Home with Ds

dinner - nachos/ taco salad

Edited by ScoutTN
  • Like 4

Happy Friday, although I have a funny feeling about today.  Is there some deadline I'm forgetting???

• Get kids off to the school bus on time.
  • Make arrangements for kids' friend to go to dinner with us tonight.
  • Check out medical bill stuff.
  • A little housework, reading, exercise.
  • Work.  Don't forget to send everything that has a deadline of today!
  • Chiropractor appointment.  Forgot to ask the questions I had planned to ask ....
  • More work.
  • Arrange kids' riding lessons for tomorrow.
  • Calendar.
  • Make the house decent enough for friends.  (I know, I just cleaned yesterday, what could be messy already?)
  • Kids and friend out to dinner.  Drop friend off at home.
  • Watch a couple old shows.
  • Kids to bed.
  • Work.  Or sleep.  Or both ....
  • Like 5

I got caught up on laundry (momentarily), shoveled manure for two hours (my workout for the day), and finished decluttering our main floor bookshelves. We now have eight empty shelves - yeah! Among the flotsam and jetsam I unearthed: a pair of shoes (mine) and a graham cracker pie crust, still in its wrapper. Apparently, ds needed a pie pan for a science experiment last year, stuck it in one of his schoolwork bins, and forgot about it.  :001_rolleyes:

I'm making taquitos now and looking forward to an evening of watching hockey and eating rocky road ice cream.  :thumbup1:

• Like 1

Jean, how is Rocky?

Just some background.  Rocky is a 14 year old English Springer Spaniel.  A month ago he was diagnosed with Cushing's disease.  Then rapidly over the month he has gotten weaker and stopped eating everything except for dog biscuits (which for some reason he would still get excited about).  He was then diagnosed with internal bleeding and we were told to make him comfortable and expect death within a couple of days to a couple of months.  But they also mentioned a Chinese herb which apparently can treat internal bleeding even though they don't really know why or how it works.  The vet didn't actually carry that herb so I called and around and found someone who did yesterday and now we have him taking it.

Friday's Rocky report:  I don't know if it is coincidence or not (since internal bleeding can clot sometimes on it's own) or if it is the miracle Chinese herb, but Rocky is a lot better today.  His gums are a bit less pale.  And he's walking around more.  We chopped up some of his dog biscuits and hid them in his dog food and he carefully uncovered and picked out only the dog biscuit parts.  So he really really does not want to eat this food.  Libby eats it just fine.  And he used to eat it just fine.  But. . . since you can lead a horse to water and can't make it drink and you can leave dog food in a dish but can't make him eat it, I'm going to get a small bag of another kind of food to see if we can't get him eating normally.  I'm wondering if he has some kind of an association with feeling so poorly and his dog food and so just won't eat it.  You can't reason with an old dog!

And that is a much longer answer than you probably expected on how Rocky is doing!

• Like 2

Just some background.  Rocky is a 14 year old English Springer Spaniel.  A month ago he was diagnosed with Cushing's disease.  Then rapidly over the month he has gotten weaker and stopped eating everything except for dog biscuits (which for some reason he would still get excited about).  He was then diagnosed with internal bleeding and we were told to make him comfortable and expect death within a couple of days to a couple of months.  But they also mentioned a Chinese herb which apparently can treat internal bleeding even though they don't really know why or how it works.  The vet didn't actually carry that herb so I called and around and found someone who did yesterday and now we have him taking it.

Friday's Rocky report:  I don't know if it is coincidence or not (since internal bleeding can clot sometimes on it's own) or if it is the miracle Chinese herb, but Rocky is a lot better today.  His gums are a bit less pale.  And he's walking around more.  We chopped up some of his dog biscuits and hid them in his dog food and he carefully uncovered and picked out only the dog biscuit parts.  So he really really does not want to eat this food.  Libby eats it just fine.  And he used to eat it just fine.  But. . . since you can lead a horse to water and can't make it drink and you can leave dog food in a dish but can't make him eat it, I'm going to get a small bag of another kind of food to see if we can't get him eating normally.  I'm wondering if he has some kind of an association with feeling so poorly and his dog food and so just won't eat it.  You can't reason with an old dog!

And that is a much longer answer than you probably expected on how Rocky is doing!

:grouphug:  :grouphug:  :grouphug:

It is hard to have a very old dog! The one in my avatar lived to be 16. I still miss her. 

• Like 1