Menu

Silicone spatula

Mimm

The Hive knows everything so I figured I'd ask. Which are the best silicone spatulas? Several years ago I got some from Pampered Chef which I loved. Two of them have gone missing (let's skip right over how things like rubber spatulas go missing at my house) and now I want more but I don't know anyone who sells it and I'd like to just order something quick from Amazon. Or should I track down a Pampered Chef dealer?

ETA: for clarity, I'm talking about the thing you use to scrape things out, not the thing you use to turn stuff over.

These: https://www.amazon.com/StarPack-Premium-Silicone-Spatula-Hygienic/dp/B00HDABAQS/ref=sr_1_sc_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1490149882&sr=8-3-spell&keywords=silicolne+spatula

Edited by Mimm

I love my Pampered Chef one and haven't found any others that compare. I've had an Oxo and a Wilton and both cracked- my wilton one is not like the one pictured. It looks like they changed the style to prevent what happened to mine. The thing I love about the Pampered Chef one is that I can actually serve things with it- scooping out scrambled eggs is easy with the PC one.  I can make a pan gravy and family can serve themselves with the PC spatula.  

• Like 3

I'm not sure what brand mine is--I bought it at Kroger and it has no identifying marks. What I like about it is the entire spatula--handle included--is one piece of silicone. I can let the handle rest for a second on the edge of the hot pan without it melting. Also, I don't have to worry about the scraper part getting loose from the handle and letting water or whatever get inside.

• Like 1

What do you use it for? I think I use mine once a decade. I finally tossed it out (donated with outgrown kids clothes).

I use mine for scraping the batter bowl to get every last drop of yummy stuff out. I'll also use it for making scrambled eggs on my rounded bottom fry pan, when a straight-edge utensil would miss the corners.

Edited by wintermom
  • Like 3

What do you use it for? I think I use mine once a decade. I finally tossed it out (donated with outgrown kids clothes).

Everything--folding muffin batter, frying up eggs or stir-fry, mixing cole slaw or other dressed salad, mixing soup/chili while it's cooking, scraping down the bowl when mixing up cake batter, mashed potatoes, whipped cream. Dh doesn't get my spatula love, though he's quite attached to his own spatula--the pancake turner kind.  :tongue_smilie:

• Like 1

I have some aging Pampered Chef ones which I've always liked. They're kind of discolored now, so if I ever get invited to another Pampered Chef party I'll probably get more. In the mean time, Santa put an OXO one in dh's stocking for his morning eggs and I love that one. Both PC and OXO are one piece which I require--I don't like to have them separate or get gooky stuff on the stick under the paddle part.

Edited by Ali in OR

.... What I like about it is the entire spatula--handle included--is one piece of silicone. ...

I also like the one piece of silicone spatulas as they seem more hygienic than those with separate handles. 

We have one like that in post one as well as a spreader like this.

Regards,

Kareni