Menu

Zaner Bloser Writing Workbooks - Is there a part 2???

arwen521

I have 3 children we're currently homeschooling - K, 1 and 3. We are using the Zaner Bloser series of writing books. However, the kids finish them WAY before the school year is over and yet still need guidance before moving onto copywork. Is there a part B or 2nd part to this series? Or is there something else that would work well incorporating once they've completed the workbook?

I'm interested to hear any suggestions because I've experienced the same issue. After completing the 1st grade workbook, I used the free ZB online font to make short copywork pages each day for awhile. Just words, not sentences. Eventually we started doing manuscript copywork. Now it's time to start cursive in the middle of the 2nd grade workbook and I'm unsure how it will go. 

There are practice masters for each level but they are like $115 and I've not been willing to pay for them. I've not bought the TM for the same reason. But looking at the sample of the 1st grade TM, it appears that for every 2 page spread in the 1st grade student workbook, there are 3 more pages in the practice masters. So far just the workbook has worked for my 7yo daughter........but now my 5yo son is ready to start and just the workbook is not going to be enough for him at all. Hoping someone might answer with a solution!!

Cara4497, do you know if this uses the same writing principles or style as the Zaner Bloser? I'd hate to supplement with something that teaches them something differently and confuses them. Not that I think there is no other way of writing, I'd just rather stick to what we started with.