Menu

One more time, Prayer Warriors (and well wishers)

Anne in CA

Three weeks ago I posted a prayer request for a dear friend whose ex is suing for custody of her kids. Due to bad weather my friend had to split her court date in two. Tomorrow is the last part. His lawyer was beyond nasty to her last time. As a matter of fact her lawyer and paralegal told her that they have never seen him act that way to anyone in court. It is her ex, he is abusive and he is making his lawyer abuse her in court. They are trying to impeach my friend, saying she had two glasses of wine and drove her kids.They had people follow her on her birthday hoping to catch her drinking. She did not, in fact. She had sparkling cider in a champagne flute on her birthday with some friends (I spoke with her and am 100% sure she was not intoxicated). That is the worst thing they have to say about my friend and even that is false. Tomorrow the expert witnesses are going to testify. His expert is going to ask that my friend go to rehab for six months and get no contact with her kids for 18 months. That is nuts... I can't imagine the judge will do that. But it is an awful threat to my friend so please, please pray. 

Even if she had two glasses, over the course of a 2-3 hours, she would likely have still been legally sober. I can't imagine going through the attacks on her character like she is dealing with. So sad.

• Like 1

Fortunately she has a lot of faithful friends. She was at her dd's basketball game last night and the ex and his new wife were clearly looking for her, but she was sitting in the opposing team's side because some old friends were there. She said they were definitely trying to stir something up with her, but they couldn't find her. She was wearing a new coat, sitting on the other side of the gym with people they didn't know. 

• Like 3