Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search

What's with the ads?

goldberry

The Big Chicken

The live one is much more frightening!

DD said, "That's not the kind of chicken you eat, it's the kind you ride into battle!"  :lol:

• Like 13

And I thought you might be talking about Beyonce the giant metal chicken.

Beyonce the chicken's twin, btw, lives in the town next to me on a porch, and gets dressed up for all the holidays.  For Halloween it was Big Bird; currently it has a greeen leprechaun hat and a green tie. :D

That real giant chicken is something else... :eek:

• Like 4

And I thought you might be talking about Beyonce the giant metal chicken.

OMG, I loved that story when I first saw it on the Hive.  We use the phrase "this chicken will cut you!" as part of regular conversation...

The original story if anyone is interested (or is trying to avoid doing something else ;) )

http://thebloggess.com/2011/06/21/and-thats-why-you-should-learn-to-pick-your-battles/  (language warning)

Edited by goldberry
  • Like 4

Earlier today, my husband asked me if I'd seen the Big Chicken. I told him I had no idea what he was talking about, while thinking, "because I haven't seen it on the forum yet."  :D

The chicken reminds me of either something from Sesame Street or something from the prehistoric age. Very cool!

• Like 3

It's just a white Sussex, isn't it?

We have a gorgeous Coronation Sussex and she doesn't have the feathered feet, so I'm thinking this big boy is not a Sussex.

And he's not allowed near any of my girls.

• Like 4

I've been drawn into the rabbit hole of Brahma chickens on youtube.

Check out how gorgeous these hens are:

• Like 1

I've been drawn into the rabbit hole of Brahma chickens on youtube.

Check out how gorgeous these hens are:

Oh my, they are beautiful.

I wonder how Brahmas go in hot climates. I've just added Brahma to my chooky wishlist  :001_wub:

• Like 2

Oh my, they are beautiful.

I wonder how Brahmas go in hot climates. I've just added Brahma to my chooky wishlist  :001_wub:

This article says moist, cool climate. Given all those feathers, I'm not surprised. My climate's too hot have them, but if we move to cooler weather (and more rural), they're on the list..

• Like 1

This article says moist, cool climate. Given all those feathers, I'm not surprised. My climate's too hot have them, but if we move to cooler weather (and more rural), they're on the list..

Thanks Erin. I hit 'like' to acknowledge and thank you for your response, but I don't like it at all. :crying:

No Brahmas for us. We've just had a nasty, nasty summer, with temperatures reaching 43C (110F). 

Probably not the best place for such a snuggly buggly chooky.

I'll just have to move to the Northern Hemisphere one day.

Thanks Erin. I hit 'like' to acknowledge and thank you for your response, but I don't like it at all. :crying:

No Brahmas for us. We've just had a nasty, nasty summer, with temperatures reaching 43C (110F). 

Probably not the best place for such a snuggly buggly chooky.

I'll just have to move to the Northern Hemisphere one day.

Just watch where you go in the Northern Hemisphere (or move to New Zealand). Here in the US, temps that high aren't unusual in the Southern half. One September in Texas, we had a day with a high of 40C (104F) and 100% humidity with no rain.