Menu

Rodan and Fields

Shelly in IL

A local woman I'm acquaintanced with friended me on Facebook so she could push R & F. She was kind of rude and made me feel bad about my skin, which I didn't think was that bad though I'm definitely getting older. I looked at her site but didn't respond. To me it looks like yet another overpriced pyramid scheme. I wish people would start their own home businesses instead of latching onto the "independent consultant" craze. I'd much rather support an Etsy-type biz. /rant http://www.allure.com/story/rodan-fields-skin-care-consultants

There are reasons people are drawn to MLM as businesses, and the companies know the draws (things like simplicity of start-up, camaraderie, and recognition of achievement*) and play them up.

A person who starts an Etsy type business is probably doing it for different reasons.

I can understand why you'd feel better supporting one over the other but it is not necessarily comparing things on an equal basis.

Anyway, Shelly...I hope someone can answer you about these specific products.

* edited to add...I forgot a big reason: the person who joins as a consultant as in a MLM company usually loves the product, and would like it at a discount.

Edited by unsinkable

I have found that you can get the products cheaper elsewhere. I usually purchase the equivalent from Amazon or my local drugstore.

How do you know they are equivalent?  

I don't know even know what R&F has in their products, other than the several on FB who sell it and post all these B&A photos where the after shows the whitest skin I have ever seen, and it removes freckles.  I keep wondering what the heck is in there that removes what I was BORN with.

I use Mary Kay.  A friend is a distributor and she only does it for products and gives me distributor price, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

I used R and F products and they burned my skin. Seriously my face was bright pink and puffy for a week.

A friend tried their lash boost and ended up at the eye doctor cause she has such a bad reaction.

I don't use their stuff anymore. It's expensive and I hate autoship.

• Like 1

How do you know they are equivalent?  

I don't know even know what R&F has in their products, other than the several on FB who sell it and post all these B&A photos where the after shows the whitest skin I have ever seen, and it removes freckles.  I keep wondering what the heck is in there that removes what I was BORN with.

I use Mary Kay.  A friend is a distributor and she only does it for products and gives me distributor price, otherwise I wouldn't do it.

Internet searches. Some websites will tell you the percentages of active ingredients in the Rodan+Fields products. There's brightening products that will bleach your skin, fading freckles, but B&A photos can also be manipulated with lighting.

It's been years since I've browsed the R+F website. I've created my own skincare routine, based on what works for my oily, aging skin. I never thought I'd be dealing with wrinkles AND acne at my age.

• Like 2

My niece used their products and they actually did wonders for her.  She is in her 30s, had brown spots and dull skin.  She started selling because so many people were asking what she used.  

I just turned 50, and they didn't do anything useful for me.  (Specifically the dark spots.)  I do really love love their moisturizers and continue to buy them when I can afford them.  They sink in and don't sit on my skin.  But the whole "package" didn't do enough for me to make it worthwhile.  It did work for my niece though.

I used R and F products and they burned my skin. Seriously my face was bright pink and puffy for a week.

A friend tried their lash boost and ended up at the eye doctor cause she has such a bad reaction.

The lash boost pictures creep me out!!! I don't want to have spidery looking eyelashes!! And I'm not going to just put some chemical concoction on my eyelids for a passing fad.

• Like 3

Well I ordered it and I'm going to follow through, as a benefit to the girl who is doing it - a fellow homeschool girl going through college. However, I don't plan to reorder. I could use some skin brightening, so hopefully it works. Thanks for your responses.

That is why MLMs are successful. They encourage people to prey on their friends. Hard to say no to a friend in need. I hate MLM and don't buy any MLM products on principle.

Edited by Moxie
  • Like 3

Thanks for the heads up on the auto ship! I contacted her and I was on it! She took me off. How can they auto ship such expensive things?

It was probably in the terms and conditions but downplayed.  If they have your credit card number, there's nothing to stop it unless you turn it off.  I have seem magazine subscriptions like that.

(I don't know anything about this company.  Hope you like the stuff!)

• Like 2

I tried them for 2 months, but did not see much of a difference.  

My cousin found and shared MyChelle with me, and I really like them.  No MLM, great products, US made, and more:  All MyChelle Dermaceutical products are Vegetarian, Cruelty-free, and Free of Phthalates, Parabens, Sulfates, Ureas, Artificial Fragrances and Colors, Petroleum, GMOs, and Gluten.

They are reasonably priced, but if you order from their site they run weekly sales. The first time you sign up for their emails, they even give you a 30% off discount code. I ordered with that, then my second order I just waited for their serums to go on sale since that is what I needed.  Their products last; use a very small amount.

I hope you are happy with what you ordered, but if not, you may consider looking at MyChelle.  I have been very happy with everything from them, and it is much cheaper.

• Like 1

I think I'm probably the last person in my area to try R&F haha and took the plunge in December by buying one of the packages. i needed to replenish the less expensive items after two months because I ran out, but I'm still using the more expensive creams - they've gone a long way. I've never spent this kind of time or money on my skin care and I've never had great skin. I am seeing results and feel more confident about my complexion. I'm a fan!

Internet searches. Some websites will tell you the percentages of active ingredients in the Rodan+Fields products. There's brightening products that will bleach your skin, fading freckles, but B&A photos can also be manipulated with lighting.

It's been years since I've browsed the R+F website. I've created my own skincare routine, based on what works for my oily, aging skin. I never thought I'd be dealing with wrinkles AND acne at my age.

I have a friend who hates R and F because she has several friends who have had extensive "work" done and use before and after pic's to sell R and F when in reality their "work" was done before then. I don't care for those sorts of tactics myself. I will never use them.

I'm intrigued by it, but A) it's expensive, B) I know myself well enough to know I wouldn't be able to keep up with a routine and C) I just can't support companies that make their money off of convincing women that friendship is something to use to make money.

Everytime I think of trying some MLM product, I just can't ever get over what a slimy marketing scheme it is, not to mention the cult-ish conventions and such.

Edited by EmseB
  • Like 3

I have a friend who sells it and she asks me from time to time to sign up to be a consultant, which I won't do ever and she's told me that you can get refunds up to 30 days after purchase so if you don't end up liking it, get that refund! I've never used it and I don't want to spend $$ on something that may not really do anything for my skin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slightly OT but I'm dealing with hormonal acne and wrinkles. So unfair. I use a bubbling bamboo charcoal mask that is amazing. Totally works for me. Don't know if you've tried one before but might be something to check out.

Oh I get one that you wash off- not the peel off ones.

Slightly OT but I'm dealing with hormonal acne and wrinkles. So unfair. I use a bubbling bamboo charcoal mask that is amazing. Totally works for me. Don't know if you've tried one before but might be something to check out.

Is the peel off one where the woman was screaming as she pulled it from her face?

I've tried a charcoal mask in the past, but I really like this sulfur one. It's cheaper at my drugstore and lasts a long time.

Is the peel off one where the woman was screaming as she pulled it from her face?

I've tried a charcoal mask in the past, but I really like this sulfur one. It's cheaper at my drugstore and lasts a long time.

lol! No.  The peel off one scares me.  Mine is a wash off.  Ive tried a diff sulfur mask before.  Good for acne but made my skin super dry.  Ill check this out

Do you care to include a link to what your using? I also deal with wrinkles and acne. The joys of being 40!!!