Menu

Differences between Derek Owens & Clover Creek Physics

Is your child able to stay on track with self-imposed deadlines? Derek Owens is self-paced, which is great for kids who move faster than normal, slowly but surely, and those who want to start at times not on a usual school year calendar. DO has videos for every lesson. It is very, very heavy on math - mostly algebra and trig-based problems.

Clover Creek has an optional weekly live component. There are other differences. I'll let someone else chime in on others.

(BTW, I hope you aren't looking for Clover Creek for this upcoming fall, because it is already full.)

• Like 2

Full?! [emoji15] My ds is going DO Geometry and will go on to use him for Precalculus and Calculus. But I guess I want to know what the setup is for Clover Creek. If not by videos, then how are the lessons delivered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Full?! [emoji15] My ds is going DO Geometry and will go on to use him for Precalculus and Calculus. But I guess I want to know what the setup is for Clover Creek. If not by videos, then how are the lessons delivered?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep. She filled up the first class in a couple of hours I think and opened another section that then filled.

Lessons are taught by a daily morning message that is written to the student with diagrams, photos, math instruction, and info, plus instructions for what to read in the book.

Problem sets, labs, & projects are also assigned and detailed instructions are given for those.

Labs, quizzes, & tests are graded, as are other projects like the egg drop.

Weekly live class goes over questions, project instructions, test review.

If you can't make the live mtg time, those are recorded.

It's an awesome class!

(You have to email her with interest during the year to get on the " early" announcement list as to when registration will open, since it fills so fast)

• Like 3