Menu

AP exam ?s - AP Student Pack & Homeschool Code

I understand that each student is given a unique AP Student # each year that is in their AP Student Pack given to them by the AP administrator. What if my student is taking AP exams at more than 1 school? Is his AP Student Pack that he receives at his first AP exam, from school #1 the same Pack he then takes to School #2 for the other AP exams?

Also, College Board keeps saying "If you are home-schooled or attend a school that does not have a school code, use the state or international home-school code given to you on the day of the exam." Is this true? A homeschool state-specific code will be provided to my son, testing at the local high school?

Thanks AP vets!

I can't answer the question about taking exams at 2 different schools, sorry.  Is your student taking an AP class from a provider?  DS' AP teachers have given us very clear, great instructions on everything we needed to know, so I would check with the teacher, if she/he is taking a class.  If the teacher is you, I would probably ask at the schools, or maybe ask the College Board themselves.  

You will use a state code, which you can find here:

http://www.collegeboard.com/prod_downloads/testright/resources/homeschool_codes.pdf

I don't know that they would give that to you at the school, unless they are super familiar with homeschoolers coming and taking their APs, so I would write it down and take it with you.  At our local school, it didn't seem to be a common occurrence to have homeschoolers there, so I was glad to have all of that info from the AP instructors who were familiar with homeschoolers taking these exams. 

Good luck!

• Like 1

On a form that I received from the local private school where my daughter will be taking an AP exam, it was asked if the student would be taking AP exams elsewhere, then stated, "If yes, you will need to use the same AP Student Pack 2017 booklet and AP number labels for all exams at all locations."  T

Hope that someone else comes along and confirms for you, too!  

• Like 3

When my kids took AP exams at more than one site, they transported their AP student pack with them. They just explained the situation to whomever was in charge, and that person gave them their pack at the end of the test.

You only want to use one pack & have one student ID # per year, or it will mess up your score reports.

Just be sure to take it with you to each test!

• Like 3

I can't answer the question about taking exams at 2 different schools, sorry.  Is your student taking an AP class from a provider?  DS' AP teachers have given us very clear, great instructions on everything we needed to know, so I would check with the teacher, if she/he is taking a class.  If the teacher is you, I would probably ask at the schools, or maybe ask the College Board themselves.  

You will use a state code, which you can find here:

http://www.collegeboard.com/prod_downloads/testright/resources/homeschool_codes.pdf

I don't know that they would give that to you at the school, unless they are super familiar with homeschoolers coming and taking their APs, so I would write it down and take it with you.  At our local school, it didn't seem to be a common occurrence to have homeschoolers there, so I was glad to have all of that info from the AP instructors who were familiar with homeschoolers taking these exams. 

Good luck!

The link didn't seem to say that the codes were for AP. Is that page part of an AP instruction booklet? 

On a form that I received from the local private school where my daughter will be taking an AP exam, it was asked if the student would be taking AP exams elsewhere, then stated, "If yes, you will need to use the same AP Student Pack 2017 booklet and AP number labels for all exams at all locations." T

Hope that someone else comes along and confirms for you, too!

Yep. This is what one of my kids needed to do.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

When my kids took AP exams at more than one site, they transported their AP student pack with them. They just explained the situation to whomever was in charge, and that person gave them their pack at the end of the test.

You only want to use one pack & have one student ID # per year, or it will mess up your score reports.

Just be sure to take it with you to each test!

Do students get a different AP Pack & student number each year they take exams or does that original AP Pack and number carry forward for all AP exams taken over the various years? Thank you.

(edited to make my question more clear :) )

Edited by counselinggirl