Menu

LIGHT (easy) Algebra & Geometry programs

This is for a kid who has less than zero interest in college and will likely be entering an art-related field (cosmetology, body art, etc.)  Oh, and she doesn't like math.  I don't want to invest too much of her high school time on these subjects.  I want to focus more on Consumer and Business Math, bookkeeping, and some statistics (nothing too deep, more how to understand the statistics we see).  AKA math that people in non-math careers are more likely to need on a regular basis.  

Would "Key to..." work for her for Algebra?  Maybe just continue with Teaching Textbooks?  What other programs get a bad rap for being "too light."  I think those are the ones I need to look at!

Contrarily Yours,

SHP

• Like 1

Key To!  Key to is basic, but it's not dumbed down, and although it is based on rote memory more than word problems, it introduces the concepts in such a way for conceptual thinking.  It's really "friendly" too, with usually enough space to complete the work, and friendly colors and fonts.  I highly recommend it for your situation.

• Like 1

What other programs get a bad rap for being "too light."  I think those are the ones I need to look at!

Contrarily Yours,

SHP

Math U See has a reputation for being easy.

I actually just had the opportunity to look at Math U See last week, both for Algebra and Geometry (we use Saxon,but I was looking at it for a friend), and I would say it is light.

If you want free, then you can go with Kahn Academy. I would not say it is easy but it is light for a full credit and they do have Statistics (which my daughter is doing as a supplement to her regular Advanced Math and enjoying it).

CLE does have a cheap consumer math but I have no idea how "light" it is.It comes in workbook format.

• Like 1