Menu
ATTENTION: Forums search will not work until re-indexing is completed. Please follow these instructions for search
Axxx Dean

New Zoloft User needs advice

I was just put on Zoloft and took my first dose yesterday (50 mgs) I've never taken anything like it before and was nauseous through the evening and might was told to cut it in half next time but i mostly just feel like laying around and I'm nervous about it

Welcome to the forums.  Try posting on the chat board.  You're likely to get more responses there.  Since we're a homeschooling community, tell us a bit about your homeschool.

50 mg is high for a starting dose. Most people start at 25mg. And some people--myself included--don't ever even need 50 mg. 25 was enough to make me feel better. There are LOTS of seratonin receptors in your stomach and intestinal tract--so that's why you are having the nausea. Definitely back down to 25 for at least a week. It will get better quick. Good luck. Zoloft was life changing for me.

Thank you all I took my first pill over 24 hours ago but today I was feeling really anxious and started sweating the pharmacist said I shouldn't be having effects after 24 hours from just 1 pill anyone else felt the same that long after 1 pill?