Menu

How do you wear a bra with this dress?

Kassia

Don't wear one.

If that's not an option, go for a bra with small straps or a cami with built-in shelf bra. The straps will show, but if they're not the real wide ones, I don't think it would be an issue. People don't seem too worried about straps showing much anymore.

• Like 2

Don't wear one.

If that's not an option, go for a bra with small straps or a cami with built-in shelf bra. The straps will show, but if they're not the real wide ones, I don't think it would be an issue. People don't seem too worried about straps showing much anymore.

I don't know if I can go without a bra...49 years old and breastfed 4 babies for a long time.  Not a good look!  I'd love to do that, though.  

• Like 2

I would layer it over a cami intended to show, or wear a bra with thin straps. Personally, I don't like the way strapless bras look under that kind of dress. You can sometimes see the top edge of the bra making a bump under the material. I think seeing a lace strap is a better look than seeing that bra bump.

I love the floral print version of that dress, BTW.

• Like 4

My not-so-chesty kid would wear a cami underneath. My chesty kid would wear her skin-colored bra that does have pretty, lacy straps. Both cami and bra would show a bit but the kids are okay with that look and so am I. I probably wouldn't attempt this dress as I think my upper arms are too fat--I go for sleeves, at least a little cap sleeve.

• Like 1

If you're wearing it only in the house, one of those bandini bras with spaghetti straps in a coordinating color or nude color would work.  You can wear the straps down like strapless if you leave the house, but have more support than no bra for in the house.  I sometimes wear them in the summer and just put a cardigan on over the straps if someone comes to the door.  They're not as flattering as an underwire strapless, but they're more comfortable than braless if you're large chested.

• Like 1

Do the old tried and true beauty pageant trick. Tape. Run strips under in c shapes under each book and build up until you have the lift and the coverage the the particular book bits you want. If you want more cleavage for your books, run a few pieces under across both books. Like a giant U. Instant cleavage. Depending on the size of the books your holding, you could use duct tape or heavier masking tape. But those little stick on bralettes don't usually do the trick for heftier books. Tape will. 

I don't think you should have a problem finding a bra with thin shoulder straps my issue would be seeing the band in the back, the dress looks a bit low.... DD would go braless then I'd fuss at her because it's probably partially see through then she'd have a little fit and we'd settle on a cami (which is not a bra so she didn't lose). For myself, I've got really big b00ks and I can't wear cute little bras. :crying:  So no sundresses for me.

• Like 1

It's such a cute dress!! I tried it on, and it's extremely narrow in the upper body. It was the right size for me, but not the right fit. Hope you have better luck!!

Uh-oh.  That could be a problem for me.  I lift weights and my upper back is kind of broad.  I ordered the dress, but it hasn't been delivered yet.  

I would probably wear a tank-top type bra, though in truth I need a more heavy dty bra so I likely wouldn't buy the dress.

Those thin kinds of straps are tricky for most people, I think - I remember seeing them flagged on the British version of What Not To Wear as something that were hard for most body types. 

• Like 1

Do update when you receive it!!

I received it today and it fits!  I don't even need a bra with it - it actually looks better on me than my bras do.  But...it's not white like the color description said.  It's more of a cream and I needed something white so I'm disappointed.  

• Like 2