Menu

Amy Krause Rosenthal has Died

Barb_

She was one of my favorite children's book authors. She wrote Duck/Rabbit, Chopsticks, Spoon, I Wish You More, and many other books. She was the favorite of my youngest. About a week ago, the NYT published her heartbreaking piece entitled, "You May Want to Marry My Husband". I find it difficult when a favorite author dies--it's more personal, somehow. Books are such an intimate conversation between author and reader. When my daughter had a mental health crisis earlier this year, I bought her the book, "I Wish You More" and had each of the kids pick a page and glue in photos and a message. It turned out lovely. Here is the story behind the book:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nerdybookclub.wordpress.com/2015/05/20/the-story-of-i-wish-you-more-by-tom-lichtenheld/amp/

She was a beautiful person and I will miss her.

• Like 1

When you first posted this, I didn't recognize her name. Then today I pulled out Uni the Unicorn to read to my sick daughter, and realized Rosenthal was the author. This is my daughter's favorite books and one of the few library books we checked out so many times I ended up buying a copy for home.

• Like 1