Menu

Have we talked about the OA?

SeaConquest

I liked most of it, but found the ending disappointing. 

I only saw bits and pieces of it but the part of the last episode that I saw was completely ludicrous. It was supposed to be the big climactic scene but DH and I couldn't stop laughing. DH said that one scene ruined the whole series for him.

• Like 1

I liked it a lot and didn't care that the ending was a little odd.  I can see why people would laugh, but I had a lot of fun watching it.  I think if I was watching it with someone else, I'd have laughed, too, but since I was alone, I just went with it and enjoyed it.

I hope there is a season 2.

It's about a woman in her late twenties who had been missing who is found about to jump off a bridge.  The show is her telling her story of where she's been for the past few years.  It's dramatic with a bit of mysticism thrown in.  Lots of unexpected twists and turns.  There is an inexplicable lovemaking/naked scene in the first episode, but then that never happens again.  People were like, "Why is that scene in this show?"  It doesn't really fit the tone of the show.

Just fyi if you plan to watch with kids in the room.

Edited by Garga
  • Like 1

It's about a woman in her late twenties who had been missing who is found about to jump off a bridge. The show is her telling her story of where she's been for the past few years. It's dramatic with a bit of mysticism thrown in. Lots of unexpected twists and turns. There is an inexplicable lovemaking/naked scene in the first episode, but then that never happens again. People were like, "Why is that scene in this show?" It doesn't really fit the tone of the show.

Just fyi if you plan to watch with kids in the room.

I might give it another try because I stopped at that scene.

I only saw bits and pieces of it but the part of the last episode that I saw was completely ludicrous. It was supposed to be the big climactic scene but DH and I couldn't stop laughing. DH said that one scene ruined the whole series for him.

Yep.  All that build up for THAT?! 

I was rather hooked right up to the end though.  

• Like 1